1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

more noob questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by albertxvx, Sep 15, 2011.

1. albertxvx

albertxvx Lurker

Just a couple quick questions since I'm a recent convert from my iPhone. I'm ob a g2x running 2.3.3

1: when I lock my screen and then unlock, I see whatever screen I was on before locking. It's annoying. Can I make it stop that and just go straight to the lock screen?

2: is there any way to make the long-press action shorter? It seems kind of slow for copy/pasting stuff

Thanks!

2. blksith0

blksith0 Well-Known Member

So you want it to lock the screen every single time you turn your screen off? Thats in the uh, security settings. Somewhere. Menu>Settings>Security/Password.

And uh, I am not aware of adjusting the time required for a long press. I too, would like to shorten it.

3. Member196159

Member196159 Guest

1. Unfortunately it is not possible. It's a big with the G2x that gives you a small glimpse of the screen you were last one before going into to the Unlock screen.

It's annoying. I agree.

The only workaround I know is shutting off the screen, turning it on and shutting it off. Next time you turn it on, it will not show the last app/screen you were on for a split second.

2. I'm not so sure about that one. I would say either root or a alternative launcher, but I've been using stock non rooted since the G2x, so I'm not really sure what they have now.

T-Mobile G2X Forum

The T-Mobile G2X release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews