• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help more noob questions

albertxvx

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
Just a couple quick questions since I'm a recent convert from my iPhone. I'm ob a g2x running 2.3.3

1: when I lock my screen and then unlock, I see whatever screen I was on before locking. It's annoying. Can I make it stop that and just go straight to the lock screen?

2: is there any way to make the long-press action shorter? It seems kind of slow for copy/pasting stuff

Thanks!

1. Unfortunately it is not possible. It's a big with the G2x that gives you a small glimpse of the screen you were last one before going into to the Unlock screen.

It's annoying. I agree.

The only workaround I know is shutting off the screen, turning it on and shutting it off. Next time you turn it on, it will not show the last app/screen you were on for a split second.

2. I'm not so sure about that one. I would say either root or a alternative launcher, but I've been using stock non rooted since the G2x, so I'm not really sure what they have now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones