1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support more noob questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by albertxvx, Sep 15, 2011.

1. albertxvx

albertxvx New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Just a couple quick questions since I'm a recent convert from my iPhone. I'm ob a g2x running 2.3.3

1: when I lock my screen and then unlock, I see whatever screen I was on before locking. It's annoying. Can I make it stop that and just go straight to the lock screen?

2: is there any way to make the long-press action shorter? It seems kind of slow for copy/pasting stuff

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. blksith0

blksith0 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    So you want it to lock the screen every single time you turn your screen off? Thats in the uh, security settings. Somewhere. Menu>Settings>Security/Password.

And uh, I am not aware of adjusting the time required for a long press. I too, would like to shorten it.

3. aquaitious

aquaitious Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Boston, MA
    1. Unfortunately it is not possible. It's a big with the G2x that gives you a small glimpse of the screen you were last one before going into to the Unlock screen.

It's annoying. I agree.

The only workaround I know is shutting off the screen, turning it on and shutting it off. Next time you turn it on, it will not show the last app/screen you were on for a split second.

2. I'm not so sure about that one. I would say either root or a alternative launcher, but I've been using stock non rooted since the G2x, so I'm not really sure what they have now.

Tags: