1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

More problems...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by littlewolf, Sep 20, 2011.

1. littlewolf

littlewolf Newbie

So, after experiencing a temp-root in all its glory, I decided to try and flash Cyanogen7. I followed the exact steps on the how-to wiki for the EVO shift 4G, and my phone refuses to boot into recovery. It will boot into hboot every couple of times, but when I use the ROMManager method, it fails when it tries to boot into ClockworkMod (or recovery, whatever). It shows up with a little phone, and a triangle with an exclamation point. After trying both methods to flash Cyanogen (via ROMManager and Recovery), my phone refuses to boot into recovery. I couldnt find anything online, and I got the help I needed rather quickly last time I posted here. Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.

(note:I figured this kinda had to do with root, so I posted it in this section, If anyone can think of a better place, feel free to move it :D)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. crump

crump Well-Known Member

Did you downgrade your hboot before you started perm root?

3. littlewolf

littlewolf Newbie

4. crump

crump Well-Known Member

Are you running stock 2.3.3 right now? If so, you have to downgrade your hboot then root.

5. littlewolf

littlewolf Newbie

im in 2.3.3, so I can just downgrade to 2.2...then TEMP root...then try it all again?

6. crump

crump Well-Known Member

7. littlewolf

littlewolf Newbie

so after I downgrade, THEN do everything on the cyanogen wiki?

8. crump

crump Well-Known Member

Correct, after you downgrade you can either root using the cyanogen wiki or the rooting guide sticky in this forum.

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews