• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root *MORE* Reliable root for leakers has been found

My phone doesn't want to seem to boot back up in recovery using the "runindos.bat" auto method. I keep getting
"part 2 is scanning
No such file or directoryights/mid.txt
/data/local/testfile: 11: Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "do")"

any thoughts?

I made the revision to the testfile and I'm on 2.1v3 1.49 HBOOT S-On

Make sure that you don't have hack subfolder in the tools folder, just the files out of the hack folder.

Upvote 0
Lenny, I'm running into a similar problem.

"Part 2 is scanning
/data/local/rights/mid.txt
: permission denied
: no such file or directoryecovery
Your phone is now rebooting into rooted recovery..........."

(yes, it's spelled directoryecovery in the cmd window.)

The phone goes to the screen with the red /!\ and I have to do a battery pull to get it to reboot back to normal again.

Upvote 0
Lenny, I'm running into a similar problem.

"Part 2 is scanning
/data/local/rights/mid.txt
: permission denied
: no such file or directoryecovery
Your phone is now rebooting into rooted recovery..........."

(yes, it's spelled directoryecovery in the cmd window.)

The phone goes to the screen with the red /!\ and I have to do a battery pull to get it to reboot back to normal again.

Go to the XDA thread and down load Tereg's redone testfile, should be on about page 37, use it to replace the original testfile in the android sdk tools folder, should work after that.

Upvote 0
Heh, I'm currently on page 25 at XDA right now looking for answers. Just adding the two lines at the bottom of the test file doesn't do it?

Edit** upon further investigation, I think it may be the text editing program I'm using. If it doesn't work this time around, I'm going to d/l notepad++ and see if that helps.

Edit#2*

I just rewrote the bottom two lines in wordpad instead of notepad and now got the exact same error as Lenny. Pretty sure it's the text editor causing problems.

Upvote 0
I just replaced the testfile that I edited myself with the new one that was put up at XDA (from Tereg, I think) and I got into recover on the first try after that.

Doing a Naand back up now. Only question is do I wipe before I install the first rom, or just install? I'm pretty sure I need to do a wipe, but will that wipe out what I just backed up?

Upvote 0
I just replaced the testfile that I edited myself with the new one that was put up at XDA (from Tereg, I think) and I got into recover on the first try after that.

Doing a Naand back up now. Only question is do I wipe before I install the first rom, or just install? I'm pretty sure I need to do a wipe, but will that wipe out what I just backed up?

Wipe. It won't wipe your nand, just the current ROM. Congrats on it!

After about the 40th time I look over at my phone and BAM, wonderful green screen waiting for me.

Backing up NAND and loading evil eris now. Thanks for the help and putting up with me, much appreciated.

Sleep calls since I have to wake up in 4 hours, but I'll have to remember to get on after work and thank you all.

Congrats!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the nudge in the right direction Zero, and a HUGE thanks to wag3slav3 and Tereg and all the others I may not know about for all of their hard work on getting this thing rooted. You guys are AWESOME.

Anytime, this was honestly the first time I've ever used a cmd prompt so it took a little learning, but Tereg and wag3 made it foolproof.

Upvote 0
USE ARE YOUR OWN RISK.
http://www.multiupload.com/DXQVBXB93G
http://www.multiupload.com/KS2JCAMGBH

Credit to wag3slav3 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724741

adb push recovery.img /data/local/
adb push flash_image /data/local/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/recovery.img
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/flash_image
adb shell rm /data/local/rights/mid.txt
adb shell ln -s /dev/mtd/mtd1 /data/local/rights/mid.txt
adb reboot
then once booted
adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/recovery.img

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones