• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root *MORE* Reliable root for leakers has been found

rooted at last......... thanks to wag3slav3, tereg, jcase and others who worked long and hard to get a noob like me rooted.....

now I just have to decide exactly which rom best suits me..... time to hit the threads and do some research....... kind of like nomarsgirl said..... I never paid attention to roms when I didnt think I had a chance at installing any

Upvote 0
ROOT SUCCESS!!!

I can't believe I am actually rooted!! I thought v3 would be the kiss of death.

Omg I just rooted too! I am backing up all my apps+app data with Titanium backup because I don't want to lose my precious Zenonia playing time. LOL. Tomorrow (or later today lol) I'll start experimenting with custom roms. It feels good to be rooted!

Upvote 0
Omg I just rooted too! I am backing up all my apps+app data with Titanium backup because I don't want to lose my precious Zenonia playing time. LOL. Tomorrow (or later today lol) I'll start experimenting with custom roms. It feels good to be rooted!
I had to wait all night to do this. I saw the thread on xda right before work. Finally, ROOT!!!!!

Upvote 0
as i posted before...some people at xda were working with the evo root...well guys..its done!:D its complete and idk bout u..but i plan on doing this tonight!:D:Root for ERIS LEAKERS! - xda-developers:D show some love:)

Well, how about that.

This opens up possibilities for those with hardware problems who can now exchange not worrying about what hboot they get.

Upvote 0
alright yes I have searched, but i am getting root overload reading all the stuff. my simple question is how do you do a nandroid back up. i downloaded titanium back up cause from what ai have red so far its really good, but u need root to use it .is amon ra recovery the same as a back up sorry for the ******ed question im still trying to set up sdk on comp to light this candle.:thinking:

Upvote 0
alright yes I have searched, but i am getting root overload reading all the stuff. my simple question is how do you do a nandroid back up. i downloaded titanium back up cause from what ai have red so far its really good, but u need root to use it .is amon ra recovery the same as a back up sorry for the ******ed question im still trying to set up sdk on comp to light this candle.:thinking:

Once you have root, and boot to the recovery menu, you will see the options for performing a backup.

Upvote 0

You do a nandroid through amon ra recovery. You have to boot to recovery and then you can do a nandroid. A nandroid is different then titanium backup. A nandroid is an image of your phone in case something goes wrong (ie boot loop) during a new rom flash you can do a restore to your last good nandroid backup. Titanium is for restoring data and apps after flashing to a new rom.

Reactions: kamots
Upvote 0
I applied for an account at XDA earlier this morning, but haven't yet received the email that will let me activate my account. So I have to ask this question here to see if anyone knows (I haven't seen the same question there, but it's possible that I missed it in the 50 plus pages of chatter there).

The adb push command doesn't seem to be working for me. I've tried to push the rom file to my device and after issuing the command the computer just sits there. Last time I let is sit for 15 minutes, but I know it can't take that long to transfer a file.
However adb get-state and get-serialno both return good data, so I'm reasonably sure my computer (Windows Vista, BTW) and my phone are speaking to each other.
Any thoughts on where I've gone wrong?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I applied for an account at XDA earlier this morning, but haven't yet received the email that will let me activate my account. So I have to ask this question here to see if anyone knows (I haven't seen the same question there, but it's possible that I missed it in the 50 plus pages of chatter there).

The adb push command doesn't seem to be working for me. I've tried to push the rom file to my device and after issuing the command the computer just sits there. Last time I let is sit for 15 minutes, but I know it can't take that long to transfer a file.
However adb get-state and get-serialno both return good data, so I'm reasonably sure my computer (Windows Vista, BTW) and my phone are speaking to each other.
Any thoughts on where I've gone wrong?
Thanks.

Are you getting any dialog in the command box? By mistake, I had my phone with the card mounted. That was my issue.

Reactions: kamots
Upvote 0
Once you have root, and boot to the recovery menu, you will see the options for performing a backup.

you are the best bishop ! i have been staring at my comp for the past hour droooling tring to figure out how to do this . so close. the more I read the more intimidating it is to me . I know it is probably simple, but like i said , im starting at downloading sdk to comp so close yet so far. lol ty again for the help

Reactions: xx_bishop_xx
Upvote 0
You lost me twice on that one Bishop. :)
#1) Dialog in the command box - what command box? Perhaps you're calling a command box what I think of as a DOS prompt (I'm on old guy). If that's the case, no there is no dialog. After I enter the adb push (etc) command the cursor drops one line and sits there. Previously however I did typo on the file name to push and it barked at me about there being no such file - so that makes me believe that the push command is being responsive.

#2) In the USB drop down I've selected 'disk drive' - did you just suggest 'charge only' ?
(time passes while MH goes and does stuff). I changed that to 'charge only' and it made no difference. You can't be suggesting that I pull the card from the Eris, because then how would I push to /sdcard? :)

Upvote 0
You lost me twice on that one Bishop. :)
#1) Dialog in the command box - what command box? Perhaps you're calling a command box what I think of as a DOS prompt (I'm on old guy). If that's the case, no there is no dialog. After I enter the adb push (etc) command the cursor drops one line and sits there. Previously however I did typo on the file name to push and it barked at me about there being no such file - so that makes me believe that the push command is being responsive.

#2) In the USB drop down I've selected 'disk drive' - did you just suggest 'charge only' ?
(time passes while MH goes and does stuff). I changed that to 'charge only' and it made no difference. You can't be suggesting that I pull the card from the Eris, because then how would I push to /sdcard? :)

The card must be installed, but the phone should be set to "Charge only". I kept thinking I would need to have it set to "Disk drive", but the push doesn't work that was apparently. Haha... that is what I meant by "command box". I do; however, have fond memories of DOS 6.22.

Is your phone set to USB debugging?

Didn't actually unzip the ROM you downloaded?

Upvote 0
The card must be installed, but the phone should be set to "Charge only". I kept thinking I would need to have it set to "Disk drive", but the push doesn't work that was apparently. Haha... that is what I meant by "command box". I do; however, have fond memories of DOS 6.22.

Hey, don't forget to also make sure Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging is checked (I think adb needs this :))

edit: dang-it Bishop! your edit beat my post! lol, foiled again! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones