• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help More sound

Poweramp (free or paid) gives a nice boost to music and has an option to set your own eq, including a preamp.
Free version eventually expires and I don't know if you can uninstall and reinstall as mine hasn't expired yet. I'm pretty happy with it though and considering buying the full version, which says alot coming from my cheap a**.

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
Poweramp sometimes degrades the song quality when you change the equalizer. There is an app that lets you change the system volume past the limit set by the manufacturer for the Ascend. PM me and I will tell you.

I'm a sound tec four months year so luckily I dont have that problem. It's all about ballance.
I've noticed that my ear piece (ep) vol is super loud for a second after I end a call as my music kicks back in.
Will your mystery app fix that?
And has anyone found an ep other than oem that works for calls too? I found an addapter that isn't too bulky and the ep it came with is better than oem and dirt cheap. Lg $15 from walgreens, i'll give upc code and store lists when I get home if I still got it. The only prob is the mic won't work cuz the phones a bitch like that.

Upvote 0
The best recommendation I've seen about audio levels in general has been getting a bluetooth headset. I'm assuming this is because they are amplified, rather than relying solely on the phone for output.

I'm debating on getting an FM transmitter for my car so I can play music through the speakers instead of having to use headphones. I don't have a decent car stereo at the moment, got more important things to put my cash towards.

Upvote 0
Good to know. Hopefully the crappy original speakers in a 13 year old car won't be horrible with actual music playing through them instead of talk radio.

I just noticed his gadget has its own pre amp if that makes a difference I wouldnt know.
Dude, if it works in a metro it should work in anything. If you dont know what a geo is google the metro and you'll understand.

Upvote 0
If there's on thing about this phone that I do not like it's the sound quality. It SUCKS!

PowerAmp helps a little but I use a bluetooth headset when I really want to have a nice convo with someone. This will be the #1 reason I get a new phone when I do. The sound. Even if it had Gingerbread...it still has the same inferior hardware where the sound and camera are concerned. The camera doesn't bother me that much, even though I miss it. My last phone (an LG) had a super camera. Oh well...good luck!

;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones