1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support most adb commands fail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by michaelburns, Apr 30, 2012.

1. michaelburns

michaelburns Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I guess my title says it all. I am just playing around, seeing what all this android stuff is about, but it's difficult when I don't even have access to the file system. successes (in no particular order):
    Code (Text):
    1.  $ ./adb devices List of devices attached  A00000316E8C10   device  $ ./adb reboot  $ ./adb get-serialno A00000316E8C10  $ ./adb kill-server  $ ./adb root restarting adbd as root
    failures (in no particular order):
    Code (Text):
    1.  $ ./adb remount remount failed: Operation not permitted  $ ./adb backup -all adb: unable to connect for backup  $ ./adb shell $ su su: permission denied
    I just want to backup the default OS on my phone (everything, thus the -all option) before I start installing and purging. Is there a way to do this without having to install some app to grant me permission?

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Backing up the Default OS can be accomplished by installing a custom flash_image and recovery (you need to have root access). Then select the backup option in the "backup and restore" section (this is called a nandroid backup). There is no other way I know of to do this.