• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Most annoying feature of android

I do not know  who's fault it is.  I have a galaxy note 4 by t-mobile.   The tiles on the main page are too easy to be moved around and I was told this was a android feature.   When in pocket the simple rubbing of the screen against my leg get my phone to do all kind of stuff including dialing and re-organizing the tiles on the pages.

I have also the felling but no proof that when tasks are being updated sometimes the icons are being shifted around or more specifically deleted.

Upvote 0
The Note 4 is pretty big so you have a good deal of surface to touch, but I can't imagine it happening that often. Still, if you want to stop it permanently, then use a launcher like Nova or Apex that allow you to lock the home screen icons. You can always unlock them to add or move when you want to.

As for icons adding or deleting with updates, if you've got apps set to put a shortcut on your home screen with every install, then yeah, it can be annoying.

It's not so much that Android had irritating features, but it gives them to you with the option to turn them off. :)

Upvote 0
What sort of lockscreen are you using if the display is coming unlocked in your pocket? Back in 2011 I used one with an iPhone-style slide to unlock (and no other security) and that would sometimes do it, but it's the only unlock style I've ever met that did unlock in the pocket, and then only rarely.

thanks for the tip about other launcher.  I will give it a try.

As for the lock screen,  use the pin number I do have it and this is the most frustrating.   If I set my phone in my pocket to fast, before the lock, then it never locks.  What usually give it away it's the temperature of the screen.  But by then, I have called people, rearranged my screens.

In addition some other app like the music player will work even if screen is locked.  So I am walking and suddenly the music starts.

But if I need to answer a phone call then by the time the screen is unlocked, the caller is on my voicemail.

It happens more than twice a week.

Yes I would love a freeze layout option. 

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones