1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Most Common Keyboard Mistake?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by SharpBarb, Dec 30, 2011.

1. SharpBarb

SharpBarb Member

An onscreen keyboard has taken a little getting used to after using a physical keyboard for years (BB). I cant type nearly as fast and make several more typos than I did before. I still love my phone and dont regret making the jump to an Android based phone without a physical keyboard.

The most common mistake i make is pressing the letter 'b' instead of the space bar. So i sometimes end up with 'b' delimited messages. I'm sure there are several factors that would affect a persons most common mis-type, so i am wondering, what are your most.common onscreen keyboard typos?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. aysiu

aysiu Android Expert

I don't have any, since I use the autosuggest feature instead of typing whole words out.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

If you look deep enough into your phone's keyboard settings, you will find that you can run a user calibration routine to teach the the system your landing points on glass for things.

That clears up a lot of those problems.

Another strategy is to try other keyboards. Sometimes a pixel here or there on the layout can make a world of difference.

I recommend SwiftKey X or Flex T9. The Market has good free ones as well.

Without intelligent keyboards like I mentioned, my error list would be too long to post. :)

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Apart from using auto-suggest, I also use a swipe based keyboard (Swype), so even less chances of making a mistake.

5. sohguanh

sohguanh Android Enthusiast

I have Moto phones and the keyboard it provide is sufficient for my needs. It support Simplified,Traditional Chinese and also handwriting too. I am quite surprised Moto are putting effort to their software as they are more well known as hardware makers traditionally. Hopefully when Google merge with Moto Mobility, we will finally see some awesome product of <great hardware maker> + <great software maker> :p

PS The rules still apply. If they jack up price so high like Moto Xoom tablet you can be sure I will not be their customers for long too :p