1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Most complete/stable Vanilla Rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jdposhkus, Oct 27, 2010.

1. jdposhkus

jdposhkus Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I like sense but want to kick the tires of a vanilla or AOSP ROM any have a suggestion of one that is fast, stable and feature rich?

Advertisement

2. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
  3. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Android Enthusiast

May 15, 2010
    New York
    Skyraider 3.0 is a very very good stock rom. I have tried a few out but my favorite so far is skyraider. There are a few hints of sense like the camera, and contacts but it is still a very good rom.

4. jdposhkus

jdposhkus Member

Apr 30, 2010
    A favorite site of mine.

I would have read reviews but for some reason I cant log in at present. Hence my post looking for feedback.

Thanks.

5. jbdan

jbdan Android Expert

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa
    SkyRaider is very nice but it's senseless not true vanilla. True vanilla, fast, stable and feature rich.... honestly I have to say MIUI.

If your just looking for plain jane vanilla but I cannot tag them them as "super stable" then go play with ShadowRom, Ruby 1.1.4 and CM Ruby being my favorite of those. I just can't stand the vanilla calender and pop mail it's really awful.

There are a few senseless ROM's that will net you mostly what you are looking for I believe....like Feather ROM check it out at XDA

6. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Software Support/Development
    St. Louis..
    I have to agree with jbdan. It really depends on what you are looking for in a Vanilla rom. I personally think ShadowRom is the most stable of the listed ones, but thats really just my opinion. I've played with all the Vanilla roms, I can't get my head around the MIUI but my wife loves it FWIW.

7. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010

no problem, I know see that the post seemed a little smart-assish but I didn't mean it that way

the only ROM I've used is virtuous, which, obviously is sense

8. jdposhkus

jdposhkus Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Tried CM 6 and IncDoes AOSP....All set with AOSP. I much prefer Sense based exchange support.

Thanks for the input.

9. nelms

nelms Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    landscaper
    west union sc
    try ultimatedroid. only thing ive noticed is cam is only 3mp. but its sweet otherwise