• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Most Epic Game Music

Halo 1's score (and the slightly modified variants found in the sequels) has always been my favorite. Especially the score that plays in the end escape sequence of the first game.

Second favorite: Vanguard (MMO). Vanguard: Saga of Heroes - Main Theme - YouTube But each area had it's own little theme. Some of them were quite good.

But I was also a big fan of the Zelda theme, and especially the Ocarina of Time score.

Upvote 0
Halo 1's score (and the slightly modified variants found in the sequels) has always been my favorite. Especially the score that plays in the end escape sequence of the first game.

Agreed on the Warthog Run, that variation is immense.

The more I listen to the Halo 4 soundtrack, the more I like. This piece in particular:

The part it's used in game is really good and from about 5 mins onwards where it kicks it up a bit is incredible.

Upvote 0
Agreed sir! FF8 is my all time favorite game second is legend of dragoon( I think its better then FF7)

I love you! Thank god there are other FF8 fans!

One of my favorite tracks from that epic game

Entering Ultimecia's castle gave you a theme that absolutely put your hairs on end

And probably the best freaking song and cutscene from the game

And of course, how it all started....

Upvote 0
Some great games mentioned for music. I was just thinking about this recently too

Shadowrun for SNES.

I might say Phantasy Star 1 and 2 for Sega systems.

I just looked at Kill Bill Vol 1 and the part where the chick goes to Japan to get the sword.....the music playing when the guy shows her all those swords....I said it sounds like something from Final Fantasy...lol.

I didnt watch the rest of the movie, was too tired...I just wanted to hear the music....lol.

Upvote 0
I think the 8-bit days produced some of the most memorable music ever. Yes it was repetitive but you would be humming it for days.

Super Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog are still imprinted on me. And those of you that knew the Turbo Grafix ... MILITARY MADNESS.

edit: I know these are not 'epic' but they bring back lots of happy memories and isn't that epic?

Boy, do I agree with that!

The Witcher II soundtrack is fantastic, I listen to it often, but Assassins Creed II is simply beautiful - hauntingly beautiful. I adore it.

I also love the music from most of the Elder Scrolls games, and original The Sims.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones