1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Most stable ROM for battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gobirds895, Feb 24, 2011.

1. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member

Im using CM7 RC1 right now, and it seemed stable at first, but now it constantly reboots and force closes when theres phone activity. What is the most stable ROM available at this point (preferrably Gingerbread) that provides the best battery life? Or should I resort back to one of the nightlies?

Advertisement

2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Did you flash RC1 on top of a nightly or just straight after a full wipe? RC1 works best when flashed over a nightly (I flashed it over #39). I have not had any issues with RC1

3. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member

I did flash it over a nightly, but i did a full wipe and backup. Should i try reflashing a nightly and then reflash RC1 without a wipe?

4. CramRazz

CramRazz Guest

You should probably wipe data and cache and flash RC1 + Google apps only.

5. hgoldner

hgoldner Well-Known Member

For optimal battery life, it's not always about the ROM. There are some kernels better for battery life than others. Check out HeyIt'sLou's kernels, and Chad's kernels.

6. kidhudi

kidhudi Member

AMEN, but you have to make sure the Kernel is compatible with the rom you choose. if you want to stick with CW7 try chad's incredikernal. the latest i think it is 2/22/2011 the one that says GB in the title. this one is killer for batterylife. also the the reboots may be because you are overclockingng it too much. in settings/cynogenmod/performance look under cpu settings and make sure max is set properly 998 is standard. if you want to overclock then you may have to turn wifi to sleep "never" this will fix most random reboots

7. ACD168

ACD168 Android Expert

hands down, skyraider3.5