1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Most stable wildfire rom.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deanshep85, Dec 29, 2011.

1. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert

Recently I flashed CM7 the official build and it ran well for a few days then exhibited a few problems with it being constantly muted regardless of volume, on top of that the GPS failed to install the correct drivers (another issue thats been sorted) so had to return to stock as flashed it again and it just seemed a little more unstable.

I've briefly tried both splashMOD and Zero and had a look at lotus.....but what I want to know, is other the CM7 is there actually a decent working NON sense wildfire ROM on 2.3?

I've already looked over at xda and from all the comments on the asop roms are that they are in fact most all the same with just a few application changes and theme changes here and there, as well as most of the comments on there are just fighting amongst them.

Has anyone flashed a good, VERY stable (as in camera fully working, no clear bug, no package signing issues) 2.3 ASOP rom?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. deanshep85

3. Destiny64

Destiny64 Newbie

CM7 work perfect on me :S actually CM7.1 u may wanna try to flash it again but wipe all good and start clear ..dont 4get to back up ur working ROM to not have problems if this dont work on u ... when i 1st flash CM7 i had so many bugs but when i did all again all start to work so good and 2nd week i dont have any problem with it and i cant say that im not using the phone to not see them hehe im playing with him all day changing stuff to make him work in best way he can

4. deanshep85

ah, god I forgot bout this thread lol

thanks anyway Destiny....did just that anyway bout I think 2 weeks ago and after fixing the GPS problem (reflashing the radio) it all is working just peachy now as it should. Other half is suitably happy with it...though she still hates the phone for being small, slow etc....she just wants my Desire lol

5. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Are you... Me?

6. deanshep85

err...not since last time I checked...*checks again* nope...I'm me..lol

7. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

That's reassuring as it's identical to what I've been doing for my misses :p! She also wants Desire when I upgrade.. I don't want to part with it!

8. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Android Enthusiast

Despite me not having a Desire, from what ive seen and read about it, the phone has alot of potential and its a generally awesome phone. I can tell why you want to keep it :p

9. deanshep85

it still has quite an edge to it...I mean sure if you compare it to the 'top dogs' now it will sit middle of the road..

but for the majority of apps on the market that arent console like games, it still is damn good :D

though I will add, I'm getting a little disappointed with sites like Cnet who now claim that 480 x 800 (or whatever the Desire res is...I cant remember lol) and 1GHZ processors and well the majority of Desire specs, are now classed as low spec or bottom end phones now...I mean yea compared to say the 1.5ghz dual and soon to be quad cores yes...but not when the majority of Android phones coming out are still much lower spec budget phones..oh well..

and my other half still aint getting my phone haha

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews