• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Most useful phone EVER!!

dkjones96

Android Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
This phone never ceases to amaze me. I admit, I had trouble getting GPS to work right at first but after running GPS Test it worked flawlessly. Weird. Anyways, I went to do some off-road trail stuff this weekend in my Durango and decided this time that I wanted to have some sort of navigation along my way.

Well, I don't have GPS in anything but my phone so I bought a program called GeOrg, made an off-line map for the area I was going to, imported my GPX file, and the damn thing worked great. It was soo nice to have and has reassured me, yet again, that I made the right choice going to this phone. Love the stupid thing!

This is the first time I've ever used GPS in this thing(aside from lattitude telling everyone where I am). Normally I navigate through google maps following the highlight between locations.

I to love this phone compared to all the other smart phones i have had in the past. I have not had any of the problems that you see people post about in the forums guess lucky me!

Now granted I am about to finally get around to updating my phone to 2.1. I had been holding off due to all the problems folks had been posting about with regards to 2.1, but i guess i have no choice now because there are apps that i want from the market that apprently i can not get unless i update to 2.1...wish me luck :)

Upvote 0
Phones I've had!

Blackberry Curve 8330m- Not bad to use, but very inefficient for web and some media... Email worked great, but that's it.
Samsung Instinct S30- Good for media and web browsing with opera mini, but no apps...And apps that it apparently comes with like Facebook, are just mobile links.
Palm Pre- Great phone! Easy to use, easy to put homebrew on. But, small screen, and not enough support for apps as much as I'd like it to...
Samsung Moment- Big AMOLED screen, fast, easy to use, easy for homebrew, and always improving. There are times where there are cdma lockups, or things like that and the battery life is TERRIBLE, but over all a nice phone.
NOT ACTIVATED Iphone 2g 4gb- This is more of a fun project. The web browser on this thing is amazing, good for media and tons of apps. Multitouch is amazing on it. However, you can't customized it too much...Now after jailbreaking it, the Iphone is amazing!

Upvote 0
It's an app from the market that tells you how many gps satellites your phone sees, their position, and what their signal strengths are along with some other info like elevation and ground speed. Kinda neat. When it wasn't finding my location after like 5 minutes in an open field I got it to see if my phone even saw satellites, after running it I had no problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones