• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Most Worthless Cellular 'Service'?

puppykickr

Android Expert
Feb 1, 2019
USA
Is T-Mobile the most worthless cellular service?

Cannot use the phone or data while indoors.

Phone calls are broken up and dropped even with 4 out of 5 bars of 'service'.

How can such a useless 'service' even continue to exist, and why eould they even bother to try to be in this area if it obviously does not function?

Or, is non-function actually the function?
Because then it would actually make sense.

My CB radio is more reliable.

I vowed years ago that if T-mo is the last carrier in the world, I'd give up cell phones. They had an amazing promotion that I couldn't pass up: and I was grandfathered into Verizon's original unlimited plan AND promotions that had us paying around $20/month per line for unlimited everything. The T-mobile coverage map showed solid magenta - full LTE - throughout our area. I purchased phones from ebay and Swappa and, as soon as the T-mo SIM cards arrived, I switched off Verizon.

I immediately ran into trouble. Our phones wouldn't connect; wouldn't activate; couldn't even find signal! Of the four devices, my phone barely found enough signal outside to call T-mo tech support. They put me through to the engineering team, who told me that according to their antenna placement, 3G was "spotty at best" and coverage indoors was essentially nonexistent.

I couldn't switch back fast enough: I BEGGED Verizon to reinstate our unlimited data - which they graciously did... but because we had ended our contract, even for those two hours, our promotions were wiped. T-mobile cost us $100/mo in promotions. I filed a complaint with the FCC over their fraudulent coverage map. Nothing was ever done and even years later, their coverage map continued to lie.

T-MOBILE can kiss my a$$ until my cheeks are soggy and it won't be enough.

Upvote 0
I genuinely feel like I have travelled back in cellular time to more than 20 years ago.

That is how bad the service is- in fact, worse- because back then the phones were more powerful and the analog signals travelled further on the same power.

This really sucks, because Wi-Fi keeps stopping andcellular is pretty much a nogo.

wtf

How does this company stay in business?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones