1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Motherboard and Water Damage Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xandersamsung, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Xandersamsung

Xandersamsung Lurker

Hello, my samsung galaxy s3 recently took on some water damage to the mother board. I want to know if I can buy a motherboard without the chips, and just swap my chips onto it, or is that not possible?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Id try n find someone selling an s3 on Ebay etc with a broken screen for a nice cheap price ;)
    As long as u know your display is ok, thats the most expensive part tbh and you could just put your display onto the other ones body :thumbup:

P.s, the swapping chips thing probably isnt gona happen realisticly. The mother board IS a bunch of chips :beer:

3. Xandersamsung

Xandersamsung Lurker

The best that I can find is one with a broken lcd for $150, but that is the same price as the motherboard, and are you saying that it is impossible or a waste of time to switch the chips, because i have a ton of spare time?

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

lol im sure its possible mate but why not just swap the whole thing?

5. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

I do believe the "chips" are hardwired onto the board.

funkylogik likes this.
  6. HookEmHorns*UT*

HookEmHorns*UT* Well-Known Member

They are soldered to the main board. This would entail a ton of effort to break the solder points and the resolder everything. Best bet us to find one with a broken screen and then swap the screens.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews