• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto 360 constant crashing Gapps and Google Play Services

steveb944

Apr 25, 2015
Hiya! Just wanted to let anyone know that may run into this issue on that worked for me...

I went to turn on my 360 today and I was introduced to constant crashes from gapps and Google Play Services. My 360 couldn't even connect to my phone.
IMG_20150425_153731.jpg IMG_20150425_153722.jpg
Ultimately I had to reset my 360 and that was able to 'fix' everything.
-----

I thought of resetting my Android Wear app, but the last time I did that I lost all my Wear data as I think that's the central repository for backups.

I went through the process of disabling Google Play Services on my phone (I lost a lot of functionality BTW, especially on security apps so I don't recommend that ever), and it didn't do anything to fix the problem on my 360.

I'd like to blame my Oneplus One's recent update that was only adding 'OK Oneplus' functionality, BUT since my 360 wouldn't even connect or work on airplane mode I can't blame my phone.

I could also blame a recent Android Wear app update (I think it enabled Wear cloud sync via internal Wear WiFi) BUT I updated it last night on my phone and my 360 was off, so it can't be a corrupt installation.

It seems I lost a few apps on my 360 and a few settings, but at least it's working. Hopefully this new cloud sync is able to restore everything in the future in case the need to reset arises again.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones