• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto 360 Owner Observations. New/potential users check here

FYI, cleared cache for play services and rebooted both devices - no change. :(
I tried that too, and it ended up wiping out all of my voice commands listed in the Android Wear phone app. Had to forget the watch, reset the watch, and set everything back up to get the other commands back.

Now back to normal, sans any fitness-related voice controls. All other controls working okay.

The heart rate and steps commands don't bug me so much since I can get them from the menu. Start a bikeride and Start a workout are pissing me off, though. :(

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Does the Moto 360 alert you when you are disconnected from your phone like if you've left it somewhere?
I found this neat app; Find My Phone
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nickapps.wear.findmyphone&hl=en

If my watch goes out of range of the phone, it buzzes and lets me know. It also allows you to trigger a ringtone on the phone, so if you're in range, but just can't find your phone, you can set off the alarm to find it. If the phone is out of range, the watch will actively seek the phone, and trigger the tone once they reconnect.

Upvote 0
I found this neat app; Find My Phone
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nickapps.wear.findmyphone&hl=en

If my watch goes out of range of the phone, it buzzes and lets me know. It also allows you to trigger a ringtone on the phone, so if you're in range, but just can't find your phone, you can set off the alarm to find it. If the phone is out of range, the watch will actively seek the phone, and trigger the tone once they reconnect.

Thanks. I had that app before i had to correct the battery issue but didn't get a chance to test it out. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Upvote 0
I get the same issue now (not a week ago) with any "ok Google" query. It wants to voice search. Only thing that works is it will still make calls and text and email and all that jazz. I am thinking there will be an update soon....
Gotta love the infancy of technology. Much like cave men burning down their caves when they discovered fire. :D

Upvote 0
What version do you have now? I haven't seen an update since I unboxed the watch.

I'm on AW 4.4W.2

I just got my new one with the metal band on the 25th (I had a leather band version I returned after 24 hours as they announced the metal band versions the next day) Since I got the metal band I have not seen it update but I am also on 4.4 W.2 Build number KNX01s.

Upvote 0
Working for me now too! I dont use it often, but since it's new to me I need to show it off to others. How do I feel when the phone doesnt perform the way you know it should?

Any other neat tips?

I played around with turning off the display when charging. I came across a thread an video of a tutorial but I tested that all you have to do is place the watch on the charger, turn on ambient light, wait until the display dims then uncheck ambient light to turn off. The display should turn off immediately. The video shows a few more steps which are now not necessary.

Upvote 0
I have Galaxy S4 and when i click on play music on 360, it opens Youtube on my phone but it doesnt play anything. I don't have YouTube has a default program. What music app opens when you click on Play Music?

When I say "play music" it opens the Play Music app on my phone and starts with the first song in the first playlist.

On the phone under the android wear app, when i tap on play music it lists open on phone and play music.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones