1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Moto 360 System Update thread

Discussion in 'Moto 360' started by The_Chief, Sep 24, 2014.

1. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hmmm, I haven't seen a marked battery improvement. Maybe i should reset.

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    Is there any indication of iOS compatibility in there? I heard a rumble or two that Wear was getting compatibility and that it may be coming out shortly.

3. Yuhang9

Yuhang9 Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2015
    Male
    Now this moto 360 have latest android version with lollipop 5.1 right? I am using Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G,because of my phone only have android version of 4.4. Then I can't update my watch too? The android version will follow what I use in my phone too? That means I need have my phone android version upgrade it,so I can have Wifi setting,sync watchfaces and so on?

4. legalkill

legalkill Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 7, 2010
    GA
  5. Yuhang9

Yuhang9 Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2015
    Male
  6. legalkill

legalkill Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 7, 2010
    GA
    It is and I assumed that it was totally separate. I use a Verizon LG G3 (USA). Assuming you are outside the US? Have you tried the force method http://www.xda-developers.com/moto-360-5-1-1-forced-ota-performance-impressions/? You may want to try making sure your wear app on the phone is the latest, even if you have to sideload, then try the force method. I had to factory reset my watch recently to clear up a battery issue. So sometimes its good to reset the watch.

7. Yuhang9

Yuhang9 Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2015
    Male
    It wont work. I reset my watch,unpair bluetooth from my phone,reinstall android wear and motorola connect. Still cant update

The download duration is so long. 10min ++ only download for a bit only and stuck on it.

8. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    pasted from 360G2 battery life thread:
    I hear you, especially that last sentence.

I've haven't updated yet. My 360 Gen1 watch has been working great ...why mess with success? I might just wait awhile.

Any one else have good/bad comments about the update?

9. Suzi_Derkins

Suzi_Derkins Member
    None

Sep 11, 2015
    I hate this update, and so do a lot of people if you check out the Android Wear ratings on the Goggle Play store. The thing that bugs me the most is the inability to disconnect my watch. Sometimes I wear a "real" watch and take the straps off the Moto 360 and put it in my pocket so I can still take advantage of Moto Fit. Having notifications go to a watch that is in my pocket is pretty much useless to me.

Is there anyway I can "undo" the update?

Go complain on Google Play. Maybe they will get the message.

electricpete likes this.
  10. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Haven't got the update yet, but I always seem to have to factory reset after each one or it gets wonky. I usually try and wait until there's a new nexus image to flash. At least that way everything gets reset at once. Not looking forward to it again. :(

11. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    sometimes these wear updates in the past have broken something and/or made the battery life suffer a bit. sometimes the watch faces may not be optimized properly for that particular update and either the dev of the face updates their app or users switch faces and they notice a change. as luna just stated, a factory reset may untangle some things that got messed up during the update.

'course this could be just a faulty update from base camp and once they notice the complaints a fix will not be far behind.

all those who have issues and who post in this official thread about the updates should also reach out to goog (base camp) by starting up a support thread on their forums...

I dont yet have the update either (ive a version 1 and 2) but will add my experience here as the update surfaces

shalemail and lunatic59 like this.
  12. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed
    Well here's the thing, I have NOT gotten an update on the watch yet. This was the Wear app in the play store. I got the update on the 9th and it was a monumental pain in the @$$ for a bit there but seems to have settled in (a little) after having done a hard restart (long press on power until it re-starts) on the N6 and a restart on the MK2.

Battery life is back to almost normal and stability is back.

Still looking forward to the next update that will hopefully fix this SOB.
    o_O lookin at you Google.

Got another wear update last night. Hopefully better user experience this time. Again, lookin at you Google. o_O

13. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

The update is sitting there waiting. And it will continue to wait until it gets better reviews because of an update to the update. Yup. Just sit there little update.

shalemail and electricpete like this.
  14. Suzi_Derkins

Suzi_Derkins Member
    None

Sep 11, 2015
    I wish I had let the update sit there.

electricpete likes this.
  15. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Under your bed
    For me, it seems better. Not perfect or right yet, but better.
    MK2 off charge at 6AM and I am at 74% Battery at 2:15PM
    N6 off charge at 6AM and I am at 65% with estimated time remaining running well into tomorrow (3AM) now BT is number one on battery stats (5%) that ain't right, just behind it is Android OS at 4% (still ain't right) and then Screen at 3%. So... still some tweaking needed Google. Keep after it. Get this $h^% figured out.
    KTHXBAI
    o_O

16. electricpete

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
  17. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    I'm running a Huawei Watch and am getting confused by this thread. Some posts make me think you are discussing the Wear app on the phone, then others make me think you are talking about the Wear OS on the watch.

Which is it?

18. electricpete

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    I took the plunge and updated today to 1.4.0.2412408 version of Android wear app from play store. Rebooted watch and when it came back up it showed the symbol for "not connected" (cloud with line through it). Unpaired / repaired in bluetooth settings. Did "sync apps" in android wear app. Everything seems working fine with no loss of connectivity. Decided to reboot phone and clear cache in recovery for good measure. When phone came back up, it connected to watch automatically, everything still works.

So far so good... will keep an eye on battery for the next few days and report back.

EDIT: FOLLOWUP

For me, no big problems.

I've lost connection a few times..fixed by unpairing and repairing in Bluetooth settings each time. Hopefully that will settle out.

Battery life seems unaffected. I'd post my graph, but of course that's gone now from the AW app (haven't gotten around to downloading wear battery stats app)

Below is an article about 1.4 update.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/1...e-showing-their-discontent-on-the-play-store/

shalemail, lunatic59 and Unforgiven like this.
  19. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Under your bed
    It settled in for me as well. I'm getting a solid day of normal to heavy use out of phone and 360 MK2 with battery to spare. Maybe not as much as pre-update but easily enough that I am not worried.

It's an "OK" update nothing special, nothing new, nothing great, but stable and not munching battery at break neck speeds.

electricpete and lunatic59 like this.
  20. electricpete

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    About a week after I installed Android wear, I installed Apollo launcher and uninstalled wear mini launcher. The weird thing was that wear mini launcher never left my watch... kept on activating upon swipe left-to-right and showing the assistive thing. (This is after it was removed from phone and I rebooted both phone and watch.) Re-installed wear mini launcher, disabled gestures, sync'd apps to watch, uninstalled wear mini launcher (including clear data). Still the same (parts of wear mini launcher remain)

Then yesterday morning when I tookk watch off the charger, it watch was not connected. Couldn't get it to connect no matter what tricks I tried.

I don't know if either of these problems were related to the a.w. app update...I've had that for three weeks already.

Uninstalled wear and all my a.w. apps. Reset the watch. Everything back to normal now.