• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto Blur is a big step down

Back in November of 2009 I got the Moto Droid as soon as it came out. It was by far the best phone I have ever used! I loved everything about it. When it was upgraded to 2.1 it was even better!

Due to some work stuff I no longer was provided phone service any more so I had until July 15th to port my number out. I decided to move over to T-Mobile with my wife since she has a plan all ready setup. I called in and got the Motorola Cliq XT. Hardware wise it is a really nice size and seems to do pretty good for reception compared to my wife's old Nokia. The biggest problem with it is the terrible Moto Blur!!! I cannot believe how it completely screws up a perfectly good operating system for no gains what so ever!! The browser is the most obvious issue but all the feeds are a problem as well. I chose to run it with none of the extra widgets and it seems to be a little bit faster then when all of it was running. I think part of the issue is the fact that is is using 1.6 but the Blur is the biggest issue with this phone. I wish someone woudl port over a stock Android ROM so I could kiss Blur goodbye!

I am thinking about exchanging this for the new Samsung on the 15th

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones