1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Moto Bootloop after kernal Flash

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asmith69, May 28, 2011.

1. asmith69

asmith69 Lurker
    None

May 28, 2011
    I have a moto droid 1, just flashed cyanomod 7.0.3 successfully, tried to flash to chevy's low voltage and it is now stuck in bootloop with the motoscreen. I can boot to recovery, but the nandroid backup restore isnt working. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. almahix

almahix Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 12, 2009
    Retired software whore
    Southern CA
    I often have the identical results with Chevy1's LV kernels, but the medV kernels work great for me. If you can download that you will probably be better off, or try to run the LV kernel at a lower rate. If you can't boot, that might not be easy.

Hopefully you did a nandroid backup before downloading the kernel? If so, flash that back, lower the speed and try to reload the LV kernel. If you didn't backup, reload CM with the stock kernel, then load an alternate kernel.

I like the Chevy1 kernel, but I never seem able to connect my droid to my PC with usb. I don't do that very often, so it isn't a major consideration. There are other kernels that work as well and might still enable usb connection.

3. northendtrooper

None

Nov 7, 2009
    Agree with this^^^
    If you still can't get nandroid to work then you might have to bite the bullet and flash back to stock. In nandroid did you go to the advance restore and look in there?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Since you can get into recovery, connect the phone to your computer, mount the SDCard, download a different kernel to the SDCard and then unmount and flash the new kernel.