1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moto Charger Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mcknigs, May 5, 2012.

1. mcknigs

mcknigs Member

I've been reading comments about how one should use the OEM charger with the Bionic. I have the OEM charger for my Droid1. Would y'all consder that to be good enough for every night use?

2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

I use mine and have not had any problems.

3. Keep the OEM charger and cable that came with the Bionic someplace where you can access it. If you run into odd problems with other chargers and cables, switch over to the OEM components to help zero in on the cause.

The charger and cable that came with the docking station for my Droid X is interchangeable with the charger and cable that came with my Bionic. I have no experience with the Droid 1.

... Thom

4. rcaine

rcaine Well-Known Member

Original Droid charger has worked fine for me with my Bionic. No problems noted.

5. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert

I was using am OEM charger with an extended length USB cable (15') for months without issue, then suddenly my Bionic would not charge past 85% (I could see the charging graph level off in System Panel. Switching to an AC extension chord and a 6' USB cable fixed the problem.

I understand that losses on the longer cable affected charging, but I don't understand how it became an issue after a period of satisfactory use.

The problem I see with Motorola's "ecomoto" chargers is that the included USB cable is only about 24" long, making it very difficult to stick with the OEM charger.

6. Groid

Groid Android Enthusiast

The OEM Moto charger and cable that came with the Droid 1 is the exact same model as what comes with the Bionic.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews