• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gallandof

Android Expert
Jul 8, 2010
south of boston
plus.google.com
reason i put this in lounge is because the phone doesnt deserve its own forum let alone to be on topic in an android forum.

so my store just got some of these horrible phones in today. First thing I noticed was the screen. horrendous resolution. To top it off its slow.. slower than an eris used to be. To make it worse, its a tad bulky for what it is, feels like there should be a hardware KB but there isnt. everything about this phone is just bad.

i just bought a prepaid citrus. they told me i could tether and use it as a wifi hotspot as a prepay at the verizon store. i downloaded easy tether lite and it worked. i tried again and it wouldnt. im assuming bc it was a trial version. i called customer service and they said a prepaid citrus cant tether or act as a hot spot. so im wondering if i could root i think its called this prepaid to use another tether app thats free. thank you for any help.

Upvote 0
I have the prepaid citrus from verizon and yes you can tether and set it up as a wifi hotspot. Prepaid has no effect, as long as your on the unlimited prepaid data plan (an extra $30/mo.) you should be fine. I use easy tether, the light version should never stop working, and only blocks webpages on secure sockets (https). I cracked the light version and have the full version on my phone working flawlessly, I don't know why verizon told you that. In fact im using my pc tethered to my phone to write this response right now. Have you tried rooting your device and maybe use a different tether/wifi app that requires root?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones