• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto defeated, Milestone 2 for free!!

beefyburt

Mar 7, 2010
I got the Milestone 1 in feb 2010, picked as i wanted a keyboard, and tempted by the 'Flash Ready' tagline. As we all now know, this was a lie as not only was Flash not available but also it required android 2.2! And of course when this finaly arrived in March 2011 it still didint work properly due to the size of the processor. So i sent a letter of complaint to Moto who replied saying that they acted in good faith and basicly blaming Adobe, which i thought was a bit cheeky. So i sent another stronger letter, citing the Trades Descriptions Act and saying that the phone had been mis-sold on the basis that it was Flash Ready when clearly it wasnt and wouldnt be for over a year. I asked for them to take back my Milestone and swap for the Milestone 2. Well, they have bloomin only gone and said yes!! Of course, not in writing and only as a 'gesture of goodwilll' but still, i accept the victory and look forward to my new far better phone which should arrive tomoz. Yeeha !! :):):):):)

Well, it arrived as promised saturday morning, 7.30 in fact!! I was like a kid at xmas!! The phone is very nice, similar but different to M1, and yes, Flash 10.3 is installed and works like a dream. Praise the lord!! Motoblur looks good and works well, but as im out all day away from power, then ive got rid of most of it as it drains the battery. But im happy with the set up now, all working and very nice indeed, thank you Moto. I do miss the second right hand site Alt key though, cant understand why they got rid, it works better with it, but otherwise all good. Back in love mith my Milestone. :):):):)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones