• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto Droid Flashed TO Boost Mobile CDMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drb115

Lurker
May 7, 2010
Alright, so I recently purchased the droid and I am looking to put in on Boost CDMA for their unlimited plan.

I can pull the PRL off of a boost phone that I am using right now (I think) and have an esn of an old boost phone can I can use for a switch so it is recognized in the database. I own both phones so I don't see any issue with this.

My question is; is rooting the phone necessary for this to work. I would think so, but I am not sure. I have seen people flash the droid over to cricket, virgin, page plus, metro pcs, so why not boost mobile?

I am just looking for some feedback from people more knowledgeable than me. This is my first android phone, so I am quite ignorant in all things android. I flashed an HTC TP2 over to boost, so I am hoping I can do the same with the droid.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones