• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Moto Droid Ignoring Font Size

Blrfl

Jan 7, 2010
The 'Burbs of Washington, DC
Hey all...

I have an application that's being beta tested by several people, a few of whom have Motorola Droids. The application specifies the following in one of its activities:

Code:
<!-- dimen.xml -->
<dimen name="entry_size">12pt</dimen>

...and this in the layout...

Code:
<!-- File containing layout -->
    <TextView
        android:id="@+id/xxx"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="fill_parent"
        android:gravity="center"
        android:textSize="@dimen/entry_size"
        android:typeface="monospace"            
    />

It works perfectly in the emulator under 1.5/1.6/2.1/2.2 and on the assorted HTC handsets where it's been tried. The Droid users, however, get a very small font, which seems to be the same default size I get on the emulator if I don't specify any size at all.

Has anyone seen this and, more importantly, been able to cure it? I'm hoping there isn't something specific to the version of Android on the Droid where I have to specify font size in some other unit, like cubic hectares. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

--Mark

Thanks for the idea. Sp doesn't work, either, and it's only Droids with the Verizon OS. I've found another thing or two that this load does differently than those on the emulator or the HTC handsets. I guess in this case, Droid Does... Differently.

In this application, I actually do want the type to be a certain size, so pt is more appropriate.

--Mark

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones