1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Moto Droid Maxx Cases and Accessories

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Old Member, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Teacher/Church Planter/ Basketball Coach
    Cincinnati
    I'm really frustrated that the Ghost Wirless charger or really ANY wireless charger at Verizon does not qualify for a discount. My corporate discount is 25% off of accessories. With the exception of Apple accessories and Bose, it has always worked. For some reason, wireless chargers, regardless of name brand are not included in the 25% discount.

Anyone know why? If you know you know more than the Verizon CSR's because I've asked them and they are clueless.

Advertisement

2. Somniferum

Somniferum Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 14, 2010
    Just received my Diztronic TPU case yesterday and I agree with the above review on all counts. It's a sleek, beautiful case that doesn't add very much weight or thickness to the phone, feels great in hand, and is easy to remove if you want to go naked around the house. I had a Diztronic TPU case for my Bionic and this version has much better build quality. Plus the price can't be beat. Highly recommended.

Trooper likes this.
  3. tbhausen

tbhausen Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Male
    Indianapolis, IN
    I should also add that my two Droid-branded Ghost 100 charging pads work great through the Diztronic TPU case.

4. Old Member

None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Cincinnati
    Okay, I've scanned this thread a few times but I can't find it. I know I'm missing it. Does anyone know where to find information about the car dock that connects to your vents?

5. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Jan 7, 2010
    You're probably thinking of the Kenu airframe.

Kenu Airframe - Kenu

If you want to see one, I know that that they have them in apple stores, if you have one nearby. I bought my son one for his iphone 5. It's supposed to work for a phone up to 4.8" displays, though they claim it works with the galaxy s4, which is only .05" narrower than the Maxx.

Or, Kenu Airframe Car Vent Mount for iPhone - Apple Store (U.S.)

Old Member likes this.
  6. mahers

mahers Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2010
    Male
    Product Manager
    Concord, CA
    I don't know if you want a specific one for the Maxx, but this is the one I have. I bought it 3 years ago for my Droid X (not the Moto X), and it can connect to the vents, window, or dash. I prefer the vents as it leaves no evidence. The width is adjustable, but one thing I noticed when I use it with my Razr Maxx is the snug fit. I know the new Droid Maxx is a bit wider, so if you have a case, this one may not work. If you check the measurements, you should be ok. I highly recommend this one (if it fits, that is).

Amazon.com: Arkon SM410 Universal Windshield with Dashboard and Vent Mount for Smartphones and PDAs - Mount - Bulk Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

7. mahers

mahers Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2010
    Male
    Product Manager
    Concord, CA
    Just for the heck of it, I logged in to my corporate site and looked as well. No wireless chargers listed at a discount. I wonder if you go to their site and start up a chat if you could ask for it that way. Some of those chat reps seem to bend over backwards to make a sale. Besides, what's the worst they could say? No?

8. Old Member

None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Cincinnati
    I've asked multiple online sales reps. All have said that they aren't covered with the discount. I don't get it. None of them could tell me why either. Their first response is that no Apple or Bose accessory is available at 25% off. Then I explain they are not Apple or Bose accessories, all they can say is they don't know why but they aren't covered.

9. Old Member

None

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Cincinnati
    It's not a Droid Maxx specific accessory but I got my Chromecast today and I'm loving it.

[​IMG]

10. Yno

Yno Newbie
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose
    speede541 likes this.
  11. Rumma

Rumma Newbie
    None

Oct 10, 2012
    Male

I got mine as a universal accessory from a local shop. I think even Walmart has them.

12. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Fed
    I check Seidio's website every day for the naked, spring clip holster.

No luck so far.

speede541 likes this.
  13. socarwolverine

socarwolverine Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 27, 2010
  14. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    I think there is a member here named seidio seidio. He works for the company. Send him a pm... ;)

15. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert
    None

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Fed
    He chimed in earlier that he would let their devs know there was a market for them.

I'm sort of surprised that they didn't think there would be a market for them out of the chute... but that's me.

16. Yno

Yno Newbie
    None

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose
    I can see them making cases for the Samsung phones and Moto X first, as those are available at all the carriers. And that fruity cult phone thing, too. But how difficult can it be to change a design that has a bazillion iterations, maybe make new tooling, and get a new holster on the market?

17. seidioseidio

seidioseidio Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2009
    Hi Yno! I'll send your request for a Spring Clip holster to our product development team for consideration!

18. Picksmaxx

Picksmaxx Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2013
    Male
    Machine Operator
    Virginia
    I've had the DualPro (black) for about a week now. Fits the phone perfect, feels good in hand and slides in and out of pocket fairly easy, just the right amount of grip. Placed order from their site.

19. Hieronymous

Hieronymous Guest
    None
    I also have the Griffin Reveal case and so far it's just about perfect. Very light weight, low profile. Only nuisance right now is that since I just got this phone, I'm still dragging icons across screens and I have to push back the edges of the case to get over to the site. Other than that though, it fits my needs perfectly.

20. tbhausen

None

Jul 22, 2011
    Male
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just got auto-reply email that the "official" Commuter is available from OtterBox. I ordered one in "Hornet" (yellow shell, black liner). I'll let you all know how it goes.

21. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Android Expert
    None

Ordered my Maxx last night, went with the black high gloss silicon (tpu) cover and 3-pk anti scratch screen protectors like I have for every smartphone I've owned. Not a fan of snap on covers (only one I ever bought was the red to black fade one for the DInc) and don't like my cases to be really busy looking. The screen protectors seem to work as well as any I've gotten from Seidio or Steinhill, and much better than my first one (a Zagg one that was like running your finger across rubber). And since the width of my S3 and the Maxx are the same, I should get the same feel in the hand as I have now. Thursday can't come soon enough!:D

22. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert
    None

Jan 2, 2010
    Male
    Test engineer
    Bartlett, IL
    I got my MAXX last night and got the Reveal Case, Although I think I am going to exchange the case for the Bumper case..

23. redddog

redddog Member
    None

Nov 20, 2009
    I'm torn between the Diztronic and the Bumper. I've always gone nekkid without issue but I feel like this phone breaks easier than my D4 or D3 would. I dropped those a few times and they were fine but I get the feeling one slip and this thing will go POP.

I have the Qmatix on there now but it's way too bulky for me.

24. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert
    None

Jan 2, 2010
    Male
    Test engineer
    Bartlett, IL
    I Swapped the Griffin reveal for the bumper case

I like the bumper case better is I can feel the back of the actual phone and it is not as slippery. I noticed it is a bit more effort to push to buttons with the bumper case, hopefully that will loosen up over time..

I got the black with red.. as they did not have all black

25. tbhausen

None

Jul 22, 2011
    Male
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got the "Hornet" Commuter today. It looks badass, and I have no doubt the phone is protected better than the Diztronic offers (of course, the OtterBox is slightly bulkier). It did include the screen protector.

doogald likes this.