• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto Droid Maxx Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
most CS know how to clear a SIM pair and then repair it under a different phone number. as long as you get a tier 2 rep on the line just explain, "I have ONE sim card, this is the SIM ID, its paired with THIS phone number currently XXX-XXXX but I want the device on MY line XXX-XXXX, can you please clear which device and number the SIM is paired with repair it for my number."

should be as easy as that and MOST CS over the phone should know what to do from there. if not drive down to Oklahoma City and ill use my bosses computer and fix it for you LMAO

Thanks for the information. It didn't happen on Tuesday for some reason. I guess Tuesday was just a bad day.

... Thom

Upvote 0
I wish Covert_Death was my CSR. LOL.

I really hate the staff at my corporate store. It was so bad this time with the pushyness about buying add-on stuff that I might never go back to that store. I mean, I understand commissioned sales, but when I repeatedly have to say, "NO" it gets to be too much.

We have two in my immediate area ... corporate store and independent Verizon retailer. I always go to the independent Verizon retailer.

... Thom

Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0
So I read something yesterday about a minor update already to the Droid Maxx/Ultra (maybe the X?) phones that an update is waiting for you when you power up the phone. It's a very small update but one of the things it does is change the timeout of the WiFi notification from 30 minutes to 12 hours. I got really nervous that the annoying, constant, can't-disable WiFi reminder that's present on the Razr HD line (correct me if I'm wrong there) is on the new Droid line. Someone with a Droid Ultra in the comments said that yes, it's there, but under the advanced WiFi options, you can turn off the ongoing notification.

Can someone confirm? I haven't heard any complaints about it but wanted to double-check. I didn't want to have to look at that ongoing notification for the next two years. ;)

Upvote 0
So I read something yesterday about a minor update already to the Droid Maxx/Ultra (maybe the X?) phones that an update is waiting for you when you power up the phone. It's a very small update but one of the things it does is change the timeout of the WiFi notification from 30 minutes to 12 hours. I got really nervous that the annoying, constant, can't-disable WiFi reminder that's present on the Razr HD line (correct me if I'm wrong there) is on the new Droid line. Someone with a Droid Ultra in the comments said that yes, it's there, but under the advanced WiFi options, you can turn off the ongoing notification.

Can someone confirm? I haven't heard any complaints about it but wanted to double-check. I didn't want to have to look at that ongoing notification for the next two years. ;)

Here is a shot of the advanced wifi:

Reactions: Lucky Armpit
Upvote 0
So how is this device guys? Anyone wishing they got a Moto X instead?

Not me. I was really torn between the Maxx and the S4. The removable battery and SD slot were super appealing, but in the end I went with the Maxx for its less intrusive interface and bigger battery.
The X looks nice, but with only 16GB of storage, Maxx was the obvious choice for me.
I've had it for about 20 hours now, and I'm pretty pleased so far.

Now I just need to find a decent case for it...

Reactions: Trooper
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones