• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto Droid--Only plays stock notification ringtones?

I have the Moto Droid and I use Handcent SMS. When I go to change the notification ringtone in the settings, the ringtones that I have on the SD card don't show up, only the stock ringtones show up. I have tried the main settings, Handcent SMS settings, and the defualt Messages settings. Nothing works. I have uninstalled and re-installed Handcent but that didn't help either. Any help?!?!? Thanks

Here's your answer...

The Moto DROID uses "virtual" folders to gather ringtones, notifications & alarms.

Do this to have access to all of your sounds...

1. Plug your phone into your computer.

2. Mount your SD card.

3. On the SD Card, create a new folder & name it "Media."

4. Inside the "Media" folder create another new folder and name it "Audio."

5. Inside the new "Audio" folder create 3 new folders & name them "Alarms", "Notifications", & "Ringtones." (be careful of the spelling)

6. Separate your sounds into the appropriate folders and access them from the programs as you want to.

This will work. Rep's appreciated!!

p.s. LOVE Handcent!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones