• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto Droid or Incredible??

Everyone here is going to get the incredible. That's why this forum is dedicated to it and also why everyone has been waiting for 5 months or more for it. They are not going to give a BOGO on a brand new flagship phone right out of the gate. I would be impressed if they sell if for 199 or less. I could see it being a 249 or even 299 phone.

BTW Thanks for showing us the kind of people we here are going to envy. Show up at the store, "ooOOOoo this is pretty." and done. :p

Upvote 0
That's like you asking if you want a one night stand with Jessica Biel or my hand..

Why on earth would you pick moto droid?

Because your hand, uh, I mean the Droid will prolly' be much cheaper. I'm fortunate that $100 or $300 isn't a big deal, but for many it is, especially because the Droid is VERY usable (have one now, bought off of Craigslist) but will be upgrading .

Upvote 0
That's like you asking if you want a one night stand with Jessica Biel or my hand..

Why on earth would you pick moto droid?
Some people want the physical KB and VZW is having a BOGO deal on them. Incredible, when released, won't see a price flex any time soon, and will probably be in the $200-250 range

Upvote 0
I will be getting the incredible as soon as it's released. Now my wife, who's been checking it out too wants an Android based phone. Problem is, her NE2 just started about 6 months ago. And she says she really loves a physical keyboard like she has on her Samsung Rogue now. So I'm thinking that we'll need to look to Craigslist to get a used Droid for her. Maybe after the Incredible comes out they will be cheaper? They are being listed for like $250 up to $500 now?

Any members here in the Chicagoland area want to sell us their Droid after the Incredible is released? :D

Upvote 0
I will be getting the incredible as soon as it's released. Now my wife, who's been checking it out too wants an Android based phone. Problem is, her NE2 just started about 6 months ago. And she says she really loves a physical keyboard like she has on her Samsung Rogue now. So I'm thinking that we'll need to look to Craigslist to get a used Droid for her. Maybe after the Incredible comes out they will be cheaper? They are being listed for like $250 up to $500 now?

Any members here in the Chicagoland area want to sell us their Droid after the Incredible is released? :D
After the Incredible is released, a few weeks in the Droid may very well be a BOGO with Incredible.....

Upvote 0
My friend has a Droid for the sole reason of having a physical keyboard (upgraded from EnV touch) and loves it. He is new to Android and loves its functionality. If you can get past not having a physical keyboard, wait for the Incredible. I have heard good things about HTC's touch keyboard and the Incredible has a beautiful screen to throw it on.

I think after the Incredible comes out and people can play with it in the stores, anyone who bought a Droid is going to realize how much cooler the Incredible is.

Upvote 0
The Droid has no appeal to me whatsoever, but I played with the Devour display model at Wal Mart last night, and I'm smitten. It wasn't even a live phone, but the spring loaded metal slide action was sweet. Reminded me of a nice gun. Spec wise, it doesn't appeal to me at all, but I would love to get some of that quality feel in the Incredible. Wish they were doing it in an aluminum unibody like the Legend.

Upvote 0
I have a rooted Droid, OCed to 1.2GHz. What is any phone gonna offer me what the Droid can't? We also have an FM tuner, but like the N1 it is not activated. But there's several radio streaming apps, so I can still get what I want to listen to anyway. But I've had my Droid since launch day, and have been enjoying 2.x since.

I will, however, be upgrading my g/fs LG Dare to the Incredible. The Droid was never really her thing, but she loves its functionality (Droid does, baby). So I very much look forward to having the two best Android devices in my household.

Upvote 0
you know i havent really read the break down of why the incredible will be better than the droid. can someone either list the facts or send me in the right direction?

I currently have the droid and it had been great to me. i also have the opportunity to get the incredible but if its basically the same phone im not sure i would bother.

i do not use the droid keyboard but it also doesnt bother me that its there either. I can only see that i would like the slimmer size incredible with a nicer camera but thats all i have read why its really better than a (rooted) Droid.

any comments?

Upvote 0
you know i havent really read the break down of why the incredible will be better than the droid. can someone either list the facts or send me in the right direction?

I currently have the droid and it had been great to me. i also have the opportunity to get the incredible but if its basically the same phone im not sure i would bother.

i do not use the droid keyboard but it also doesnt bother me that its there either. I can only see that i would like the slimmer size incredible with a nicer camera but thats all i have read why its really better than a (rooted) Droid.

any comments?
if i already had a droid, i wouldnt care about the incredible. i dont plan on doing a lot of heavy computing on my phone.
if i have to pay $200 and extend my contract for a phone, then i want the latest and greatest. im trying to be patient and at least hold it in my hands before i make a decision, but the longer it takes for the incredible to come out the closer i get to buying a droid for $70.
im running winmo 6.1 right now so any android device with a nice sized screen will be a GREAT improvement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones