• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

moto droid question

If the esn is bad it means your going to have problems connecting to a network. An esn is a unique number assigned to a phone to connect to CDMA networks, and if its marked as bad it could mean its stolen, or reported for some reason. I don't know if Belize uses CDMA networks or what carriers do, but you might want to google it. The droid won't work on GSM networks.

Upvote 0
it'll be an issue anywhere. When i reported my voyager stolen last year, verizon locked the esn. Even after I recovered the phone it was unusable, completely bricked.
You also mentioned you had an iPhone. If you're going to try and use the same network, it won't work. iPhone uses GSM(sim cards) and Droid uses CDMA

Upvote 0
yea man stay away from the bad esn phones. i just got one off ebay for about $350 i believe the seller was "doodadz" or something like that. great experience all together with the seller.nice refurbished phone, screen had no scratches but my earpiece speaker seems to be a little messed up, could be blown im not sure but it wasn't that big of deal for me and well worth the the price to get away from my old bb storm.

Upvote 0
yes i had a iphone and i understand that if i want a moto droid i would need to switch to cdma.

hey how about if i buy the moto droid do i need to unlock it or something like that?

if you buy one with a clear esn such as a refurbished one you can just activate it online at verizon.com or take it into the store and they will do it, but probably for a fee.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones