• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto E(2015) corrupting SD Cards, internal storage constantly full

Roseweave

Jun 24, 2011
Basically my Moto E is increasingly useless for all but bear essentials. I can't place any apps on the SD Card or they crash within an hour or so. I also get an SD Card not found upon reset quite regularly. The space got really bad after I accidentally Migrated data back to Internal storage, that made it almost completely full. I've no idea WHAT data was migrated or how to undo it. It's extremely frustrating.

Considering replacing it altogether, but not sure what with.

I had ES File Manager File Explorer installed on my Turbo 2. All apps started not recognizing that my SD card was available.

I uninstalled ES and rebooted after doing a Wipe Cache Partition.

I got the error ONE more time ... rebooted with a Wipe Cache Partition.

The problem has not reappeared in over a month and ES remains uninstalled.

I can't prove it was the cause. Coincidence? It might be worth a try.

(My initial assumption was that my top-of-the-line SD card was failing.)

... Thom

Upvote 0
My phone is a Droid Turbo 2 and not the same as yours.

I do realize how absurd my suggestion sounds. There is no guarantee that it will solve the problem. What if it does?

If you use ES I suggest an experiment ... uninstall it ... reboot with a Wipe Cache Partition. No permanent data, settings, or installed apps will be touched other than ES.

Try it. If it fails do the reboot /Wipe Cache Partition again.

If it fails a second time then it is not the solution. Re-install ES if you are one of those willing to take the risk.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones