• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto E 2nd generation camera not as in manual

pwabrahams

Dec 19, 2014
I have a Moto E 2nd generation phone. According to the PDF manual and also the online information, going into the camera should bring up choices for panorama mode and activating the flash, possibly after a right swipe. But in camera mode the top of the screen has five icons: Menu, switch front/rear, coloring (normal, sepia, etc.), HDR, and HDR indicator. Right swiping brings up a long set of choices such as picture quality and face detection -- but no flash control.

Looking at Settings, I can confirm that I do indeed have a "Moto E LTE (2nd gen)". I've installed Cryanogenmods, but I wouldn't expect that to affect the camera.

Why the discrepancy? And how do I turn the camera flash off and on? How do I enter panorama mode?

I asked this question in the Motorola forum but they couldn't answer it because I'm not running a stock system.

I have a Moto E 2nd generation phone...
...no flash control.
The Moto E 2nd gen doesn't have a flash. The 3rd gen does, but not the 1st or 2nd gen versions.

I've installed Cryanogenmods, but I wouldn't expect that to affect the camera.
If Cryanogenmod uses a different camera app it could change the camera settings.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones