1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

moto e 5 plus twrp and decrypt guide for hannah and nora

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skullkid383, Jan 4, 2019.

1. skullkid383

skullkid383 Newbie

hey guys i finally got my twrp back up and running here it is and i fixed format issue it had also supports f2fs now which is what stock uses and added a couple extra parititons it mounts and backs up

use cmd to flash twrp:

fastboot flash recovery updated-hannah-twrp-2019.img

hannah twrp:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ahEDJRaW6ZbpF7EgokQtQ6TEJ8yBUa9d/view?usp=drivesdk

cmd for nora:
    fastboot flash recovery nora-twrp.img

nora twrp:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/12IPnevc7si2sNpxChMtPo5JJgwY4DJXh/view?usp=drivesdk

for decryption patch a backed up boot.img with magisk beta both preserve boxes unchecked then flash in twrp as boot.img and flash zip below thanks [MENTION=4064345]whodat711[/MENTION] for zip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-C4-ktJmW_oeyP1f5SAPGy3CX90mDuts/view?usp=drivesdk

then format data not wipe but format data button then type yes and press back all the way to main menu then flash masgisk zip then reboot and it will not encrypt and u will have to start over as if phone is brand new ie. setting up google but enjoy ur decrypted e5+......

1.boot twrp and backup boot.img
    2.make patched boot.img with magisk all perserve boxes unchecked while making it with magisk manager
    3.flash twrp
    4.flash patched boot.img and decryption zip from third link in post
    5.format button in wipe section
    6.flash magisk
    7.reboot

join the following group for help
    telegram: https://t.me/officialmotoE5group

#1 skullkid383, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    androidguy99 and bcrichster like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. skullkid383

skullkid383 Newbie

3. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

4. skullkid383

skullkid383 Newbie

also has extra partitions that can be backed up due to probs i seen others have with persist and vendor and a cple other things while testing gsi roms

androidguy99 and bcrichster like this.
  5. Grayroads

Grayroads Lurker

Bro, can you port TWRP for me? It seems my Device has different properties even if it is Moto E5 Plus. This is indian version (XT-1924-3) ahannah. I will provide my stock recovery.img if you reply

6. skullkid383

skullkid383 Newbie

if u need I can but I know someone that has ahannah and my twrp works for them so test it let me know if it works if not then I'll make u one

7. Grayroads

Grayroads Lurker

nice! but how do I decrypt? I'm gonna flash it now

8. Grayroads

Grayroads Lurker

can I flash a Treble GSI rom in this recovery? is it treble supported :(

9. skullkid383

skullkid383 Newbie

Yes its treble enabled

10. skullkid383

skullkid383 Newbie

Follow 7 steps in guide at bottom

11. skullkid383

skullkid383 Newbie

Join telegram group if u need anymore help with it

12. hey I have moto e5 plus Hannah and my model is: XT1924-1 and I'm not sure if this will work or not I want to install magisk badly
    and thanks for your time :D

13. skullkid383

skullkid383 Newbie

I might need to make u a new twrp cause there is some major changes between ur device and other Hannah's but i could be wrong only way to find out is by testing it and letting me know if it doesn't work ifso I'll need ur stock recovery IMG

#13 skullkid383, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019

Motorola Moto E5 Plus Forum

The Motorola Moto E5 Plus release date was May 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 12MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 425 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

May 2018
Release Date
Reviews