• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto G 1st gen won't play through headset on FM radio.

Jonzjob

Sep 19, 2018
I am a total thicky as far as mobile phones and I rarely use mine apart from listening to either the radio or my music via the headphones, but just recently my Moto G won't play through the headphones when it's on the radio app. It used to.

It will play OK when I am listening to my music. As far as I know I have not changed any settings and when I look at 'Settings' when on the radio app it shows the headphones are selected. It plays through the phone speaker with the headphones connected and will not switch over to the headphones.

Any ideas please.

Another thought (that is so simple it is often overlooked :( ) is that there is a separate volume level for headphones that only appears when they are connected. So say you have the media volume set at 50%, you assume when you plug in the headphones that would be the volume level, while in reality a "new" volume setting shows up specific to the headphone jack. FWIW, this is also how bluetooth works, which is how I discovered it.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Firstly, thank you for your quick replies.

Both the headphones and the volume are OK because it is fine when I am listening to my music on 'Play Music'. The headphones are clear and the volume is set right. I have to say though that I did try a different pair of headphones, just in case.

I maybe didn't say it clearly, but if I try to play the radio without the headphones plugged in then all there is is static as they also double as the aerial for the radio. When I plug the headphones in the radio becomes clear as it now has an aerial, but it still plays via the Moto speaker.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones