1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moto G Calculator Error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by D6c, Aug 17, 2014.

1. D6c

D6c Lurker

The calculator that came with my Moto G seems to have errors when trying to do trig functions...(U.S. Cellular)

On my HP calculator: sin(30

Advertisement

2. croy2007

croy2007 Resident Punisher

Just tested on my moto g boost mobile and got the same anwswr but then i googled it and google gave me the same answer as my moto g so. Could it be your HP is wrong

EDIT: I figure it out the moto g calcutar uses radians and your HP uses degrees

EDIT2: if you want to do a degree formula on moto g just use this formula ((xπ)

3. D6c

D6c Lurker

The key word is sin of 30 "Degrees".....which is most definitely 0.5

Surprised they would set it up for radians...degrees were default on any calculator I ever used.
    I downloaded RealCalc....default is deg. and looks like a good app. You're correct...sin (30)rad is what the Moto was putting out.

Thanks

4. ... I have used RealCalc Plus on three different phones for years. It is simply great. Moving from an HP calculator I was looking for an app that supported RPN (Reverse Polish Notation). RealCalc does.

... Thom

5. D6c

D6c Lurker

Cool...Didn't realize it would do RPN, which is what I would rather have.

6. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

Any chance you could tell me what the plus version has over the free version? I don't think I need anything that the free version doesn't have, just curious.

7. Support to the developerwas my reason.

The Play Store listing for RealCalc says ...

"Looking for fractions? Degrees/minutes/seconds? Landscape mode? You need RealCalc Plus. See elsewhere on this page for the link, or select 'Upgrade' from the RealCalc menu."

... Thom

8. MikeFromHC

MikeFromHC Member

Fractions and the ability to add a few more constants and I think your own functions.

I do like the ability to use fractions but I upgraded mainly just to say thanks.

Thom likes this.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews