1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Moto G soft bricked - trying to hard reset without recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mazenad15, Apr 27, 2016.

1. mazenad15

mazenad15 Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2016
    Male
    Hi
    I have a Moto G XT1032. I have a custom rom and twrp recovery.

Recently, I soft bricked my phone worse than ever before (yes it has happened once before).

I don't have USB debugging on so i can't reset manually. Also, factory reset from fastboot won't work (stuck on bootloader),

I tried to boot recovery mode but i get stuck on the loading screen for TWRP. The only thing that is in my favour is that USB debugging is on even though my recovery isn't loading up. I'm not 100% sure on what commands to use on ADB so need help on that.

Any ideas on how to factory or hard reset my phone (either will work).

Also, is there a setting to enable USB debugging permanently from ADB because this way, i could wipe my phone easily.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Advertisement

2. James L

James L Android Expert

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Owner root-android-easy.com
    Peoria Il
    Fastboot flash the stock images. Or what is the version of twrp you're using?

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.