1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moto G5 Plus - Don't have option in Call Details to block a phone number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bardiferous, Feb 13, 2019.

1. bardiferous

bardiferous Newbie

Hi,

I used to be able to block a phone number by going into the Phone app, choosing recent calls, pick out a number and choose Call Details. The option to block it would be available, along with Copy Number and Edit Number before call.

My phone - Motorola Moto G5 Plus, Android 8.1.0, purchased originally from Republic Wireless and now on Cricket Wireless. Phone app is Build 11.0. I've had this phone for over a year and this issue is recent, about a month now.

Help!

Screenshots....

Screenshot_20190213-183258.png Screenshot_20190213-183306.png

2. Abhinav343

Abhinav343 Newbie

Ok see check out this screenshot and tell me if you can see this option

Attached Files:

3. bardiferous

bardiferous Newbie

Thanks for your reply.

I go to Phone\...\Settings and Call blocking is not there:
    Screenshot_20190214-005110.png

4. Abhinav343

Abhinav343 Newbie

Did you checked out every option available there. Go inside every option once and if still couldn't find call blocking then let me know. It might be there but with a different name.

5. bardiferous

bardiferous Newbie

First of all, I had been able to block numbers using both methods earlier described, up until about a month or two ago. I wonder if there's some limit to the total count of numbers that can be blocked? I don't see anything in the Moto user guide.

So, thanks for your reply. I did check each item in each menu list, but no Block Number option.

BTW, I did find a different way to add a number to the Blocked Numbers list:
    1. copy the number
    2. open the Contacts app
    3. touch the hamburger/three lines and scroll to the bottom for Settings
    4. 2nd from the bottom is Blocked numbers, touch that and
    5. touch ADD A NUMBER
    See attached screenshots.
    Moto G5s Plus Block Numbers 20190307 x (1) A.png Moto G5s Plus Block Numbers 20190307 x (1) B.png Moto G5s Plus Block Numbers 20190307 x C.png

So, no answer to where the previously, easier methods went, but at least there is one that does.

Appreciate the suggestions!

R.

Motorola Moto G5 Plus Forum

The Motorola Moto G5 Plus release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 2-4GB RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews