• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto g5 plus won't connect to WiFi at Barnes & Noble

No, here's what happens when I do connect with my tablet. Much like Dunkin Donuts, when I go to a site I want to visit it instead takes me to a company website where I simply have to agree and connect.
I can't remember if like some other public WiFi sites, if I immediately get a notification when I enter the shop that shows me that I can connect to WiFi by double-clicking on the notification.

Once again no problem at all at this location with my tablet but a constant problem with my phone.
I simply cannot connect to their WiFi with my phone.

Upvote 0
I see your point Mike but, once again, why is this connection problem only occurring on my Moto but never on my tablet?

I had to get them to reboot their WiFi in a Hong Kong hotel once. Macbook would connect to their WiFi but not a Samsung phone. I think what it is sometimes WiFi routers run out, or get confused about allocating devices IP addresses from their DHCP pools. Especially in something like a hotel or a store, where there's likely people connecting and disconnecting devices all the time.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones