1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moto G5 screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cesca, May 4, 2020.

1. cesca

cesca Lurker

Hi
    Had my Moto G5 in my pocket and what appears on the screen changed. How can I get back to what I had (see the picture pls). Top and bottom are now red.

Also tried to change the wallpaper (?) and now I can't go back to the original one. By mistake I deleted the wallpaper.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Where you using the stock launcher or something else?

3. cesca

cesca Lurker

I'm a bit of a smartphone dummy...
    Are you talking about the wallpaper issue? I think I deleted the stock launcher...

4. Dannydet

I'm going to assume you only use the stock launcher.
    Long press on an open area of your screen. Does a pop up show?

5. cesca

cesca Lurker

I get icons (?) for wallpaper, widgets and home setting.
    If I click on wallpaper I get ''complete action using Live wallpapers' but then says 'no live wallpaper. (In case this helps you)
    Thanks

6. cesca

cesca Lurker

Forgot to say that before try following your instruction (press on an open area of your screen) the red top and bottom highlight of the small symbols (battery, do not disturb etc.) disappeared. Only the red bacground not the symbols.

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

the top red area is called your notification bar where you can pull down the bar to see your notifications in more detail. it will have time, battery and signal.

just curious as to what changed? if you deleted the wallpaper you will have download another. you can't undelete it. there are many wallpaper apps you can get. my favorite is Zedge Wallpaper & Ringtones

as for your notification bar. i would try and just reboot the phone.

8. cesca

cesca Lurker

I am happy that the notification bar is not red anymore, I can see time, battery, signals etc. anyway.

I would like to get back to the original Moto G5 wallpaper. Will I do if I reboot the phone? If not, I'll get the app you suggest.

Thanks

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. Dannydet

How did you delete the original

10. cesca

cesca Lurker

By mistake...

11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

no if you deleted the photo (original Moto G5) wallpaper, then they are gone for good. the reboot was to help with the notification bar.

and yeah check out zedge. they have tons of cool wallpapers and they make super easy to apply to your phone. they also have cool ringtones and notification sounds as well.

Dannydet likes this.
  12. cesca

cesca Lurker

Thanks indeed