• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto G6 Play lock screen

gilera

Dec 31, 2011
Spain
I have lost my clock from the lock screen, up till recently was OK. By nudging phone it used to come on for a few seconds. I would like to get this facility back as it saved turning phone on to look at time. Can anyone please tell me what i need to do to get it to work again?

Running Android 9.

Since it was apparently working before and now isn't, have you at least tried to just restart your G6 Play? That's always the first thing to try when little glitchy things occur. Otherwise, try going into your Apps menu and open up the 'Moto' app. Try toggling some of the options the 'Moto Display' off/on and see if that returns the lock screen clock.

Upvote 0
I'm fiddling with my old Moto G4 as a second phone.
Go into the clock app (alarm /time / stopwatch etc)
Select Screensaver from the 3 dot overflow menu thing.
I forgot, or never knew it had that feature :p

======

I was incorrect. Still working on it....
This may not be what you wanted. Can't help atm, sorry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200428-012317.png
    Screenshot_20200428-012317.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 293
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks for replies, i had tried a reboot, have selected all the options i have in Mobo. I am wondering if the latest update has removed this option as i can find several posts on how to remove it but nothing on how to install it.
Does anyone know if you can access the motion sensor as this is what brought the clock on the lock page for a few seconds by tapping the phone?

Upvote 0
-- Don't just check that the options in the Mobo app are enabled, try toggling them off, check your lock screen to confirm they're off, and then toggle them back on again and recheck. Given the feature was working previously it could just be a one-off glitch.

-- What lock screen are you using? Have you tried disabling it and then re-enabling it to see if this clock feature comes back?

-- Do you have another app on your phone that actively shows you your phone's orientation? As an example, I have the 'GPS Status & Toolbox Pro' app installed, and when started it shows a compass displaying real-time orientation (direction and level) as I move my phone around. Since that clock's appearance is based on movement this might at least rule out a sensor failure. (odds are this is some kind of software-based issue that popped up, unlikely but not impossible to be a hardware one).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones