• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto is so slow , comparing to HTC

i've thought about that , but Desire Z hasn't got the 1Ghz cpu that is necessary for a Android 3.0 upgrade >.<

Two points.

1) It's just a rumour that any such 1Ghz requirement for Android 3.0. Since Mhz / Ghz is not directly comparable between different CPU architectures, Google would be more likely to set a requirement based on benchmarks, rather than clock speed.

2) The Desire Z is using one of the newer generation of 45nm system-on-a-chip CPUs, that are about 20% faster in application performance and about 3 times faster in GPU performance, so while the desire z has a 800 MHZ chip it's actually much faster than the Nexus one/Evo etc... and should perform on the same level as the hummingbird chip on the galaxy s devices, probably faster since it's 2.2.

Upvote 0
i've thought about that , but Desire Z hasn't got the 1Ghz cpu that is necessary for a Android 3.0 upgrade >.<
Nah I don't think so, besides the Z and HD's CPU is slightly upgraded over the original Desire's. Still I think 800MHz is plenty and likely can easily be overclocked.

And it's a shame to how Motorola is treating the smartphone department lately, hence my sig. And bothers me even more that the Milestone 2 is shipping with Motoblur.

Upvote 0
The HTC Desire (codenamed Bravo),[2] is a smartphone developed by the HTC Corporation, that was announced on 16 February 2010 and released in Europe and Australia in the second quarter of the same year.

Moto still hasn't got a phone globally that is on a similar level with desire....(Only Droid 2 in USA at the moment)

Upvote 0
The HTC Desire (codenamed Bravo),[2] is a smartphone developed by the HTC Corporation, that was announced on 16 February 2010 and released in Europe and Australia in the second quarter of the same year.

Moto still hasn't got a phone globally that is on a similar level with desire....(Only Droid 2 in USA at the moment)

Anyway, if you take a look at how reluctant Moto have been regarding 2.2 on the Milestone 1, I'm sure Milestone 2 will ship with 2.2 and they will very slow to upgrade to Android 3.0... because by then they'll be trying to sell you Milestone 3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones