• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moto News Widget Dependancies?

raqball

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2010
Not sure if this is in the correct place... If not, my apologies and the mods can feel free to move it into the correct area...

I am trying to get the MotoBlur News Widget working on my rooted X running Apex 1...

I am not looking for the Android News and Weather, I am looking for the Blur News Widget...

I have the systemapp 2.2 files and have found the NewsWidget.apk but it will not install via root explorer or command line...

I assume it's wanting another file (dependency) and hope someone will know what it seeks...

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

When I was using Ti Backup to freeze all my blur on 2.1 I recall seeing a "news&weather feed" app, or something along those lines, that pulled the data for the blur widgets.

EDIT: Try going through the 2.2 system dump files and see if anything is named along those lines. I've never ran blur on 2.2, but the .apk should be named similar to 2.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones