• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto Phone Portal

rdillz

Dec 3, 2009
Chicago
rdillz-albums-droid-picture407-mainpost.png

Moto Phone Portal (MPP) serves as an all-in-one phone manager that allows users, via WIFI or USB, to easily backup, view, edit, create, delete, and play their contacts, ringtones, photos, wallpaper, and media. Also send sms messages directly from your PC. The app is web-based and you log into your phone from directly from your browser! No need to download any special drivers to your pc. Its simple and the U.I. is great!
rdillz-albums-droid-picture410-moto-phone-portal-sms1.png
rdillz-albums-droid-picture405-moto-phone-portal-backup.png

MPP lets you add/edit/delete/browse your contacts, photos, bookmarks, browser history, and media in an easy-to-use interface. Playing media directly from the device in the browser works very well, and the picture viewer/slideshow feature is pretty damn cool. So with MPP you’ll be able to play/show-off your media anywhere from any browser. If Moto adds more Social/Sharing aspect to this, they will have a winner on their hands.

The .apk file is here: [link removed]
Just download to your sd card and install with Astro. I have tested on the My Touch 3g and Moto Droid only, but I hear it works for most Android devices.

Credit: Stericson, nnesto21, & simms22 (Thanks fellas!)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones