• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto X+1 pre-release rumor thread

Just got confirmation from Motorola that there will be NO micro SD card. Also confirmed SoC is Qualcomm 801, not 800 like some of the early reports.
Yet they put an sd slot on the cheaper device G. That irony alone makes the X pass worthy.

That and the weak effort in minimizing the nav bar taking up about 10% of space. That makes the display about 4.7".

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That is cool, but they could at least say when it is available to actually get. WithaApple pre order they knowtthey should have it in hand this Friday if they were able to order early enough. Not sure why there is even a pre order but eh Ok that is fine. Will go check out the site on Tuesday. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Upvote 0
Will be interesting to see what options the V guys will have. ( I'd never give up my unlimited ATT plan but it will be interesting )

We may just choke a little and go with a 32g S5 and wait for Android L to come out. Then I'll be able to put app data on the S5's SD. Now that Lenovo has taken over Moto, it won't be so painful to move.

I remember when Lenovo took over the IBM Thinkpad line and a year later, the Thinkpads started going down hill... I had been using Thinkpads for over 15 years and now I have an Alienware... guess history may be repeating itself again.

Upvote 0
I doubt Lenovo will want to turn the Moto stuff over... it makes a good fit for them. Google is keeping most all the patents and that's where the value is for Google... for Lenovo, it's the US phone sales/support etc infrastructure ( agreements with carriers etc )

Well as I see it, I can try to hold out as long as I can waiting for a 64g option... try to get by with a 32g unit... or jump one phone ahead and pick out a new horse to ride.

Upvote 0
I remember seeing somewhere that Verizon might offer a carbon fiber back as an option. That would definitely be my choice.

Presumably it'd also be on the Droids, and likely first. I doubt they'd do anything to slow down sales of the Droids vs. the Moto X if they both have carbon fiber backs.
I think if Verizon is smart they'd simply say, "Here's the Droid Maxx, it's just like the Moto X but the battery actually lasts a day, and more!". :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones