• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto X Camera after update

imyth

Lurker
Jul 22, 2014
After the most recent update to the Motorola Camera app, my ability to switch between the front and rear camera on my Verizon Moto X has disappeared. The icon disappeared. If I clear cache the icon returns, but as soon as you press it, it disappears again and takes a picture? I have wiped the cache partition, uninstalled and re-installed the software several times to no avail. I have read on forums and the app reviews of others experiencing the same thing. Anyone have an answer to solve this problem?

Already tried that too...still got the same results. Tried another camera app also....same problems. Just got off the phone with Verizon and they are sending a new phone out. I still say it is a software issue though, because I take immaculate care of my phone. It still looks like new after 6 months of ownership.... Thanks for the reply

Upvote 0
Already tried that too...still got the same results. Tried another camera app also....same problems. Just got off the phone with Verizon and they are sending a new phone out. I still say it is a software issue though, because I take immaculate care of my phone. It still looks like new after 6 months of ownership.... Thanks for the reply

Ugh, I can't believe that they don't have you factory reset first anymore when you call to confirm it is a software issue (which I agree with you - it probably is.)

Upvote 0
I had already done a factory reset as my last resort before calling them. I told the lady at support I had wiped the cache partition, cleared app cache, uninstalled and re-installed app, re-booted in safe mode, tried several other camera apps, disabled all other apps that might be accessing the camera, and finally did a factory reset....all to no avail. She was very nice and said they would send another phone right out. That was probably the best experience I have ever had thru Verizon...lol!

Upvote 0
I had already done a factory reset as my last resort before calling them. I told the lady at support I had wiped the cache partition, cleared app cache, uninstalled and re-installed app, re-booted in safe mode, tried several other camera apps, disabled all other apps that might be accessing the camera, and finally did a factory reset....all to no avail. She was very nice and said they would send another phone right out. That was probably the best experience I have ever had thru Verizon...lol!

It probably is a hardware issue if it acted like that after a factory reset or safe mode. So, you did get good support.

Upvote 0
The support lady was excellent...she spoke clear English and immediately said my device should be replaced after I explained everything I tried. No long drawn out turn this on and off, re-boot, etc... After looking thru a history of the Motorola Camera app reviews filtered for the Moto X on Google Play, I do believe this is a hardware issue. All the way back to April people were reporting the same problem I was experiencing. Sadly, it seems the Moto X has a high rate of camera failure...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones