• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto x - carrier question

gjkiii

Nov 4, 2011
I want to buy a moto x form motomaker and be able to use it on both AT&T and Tmobile. I was told to buy the tmobile ver and unlock it and then it will work on AT&T. I was also told not to buy the AT&T version because it does not work on all Tmobile bands. Is this correct information? Thank you.

I want to buy a moto x form motomaker and be able to use it on both AT&T and Tmobile. I was told to buy the tmobile ver and unlock it and then it will work on AT&T. I was also told not to buy the AT&T version because it does not work on all Tmobile bands. Is this correct information? Thank you.
This is my understanding after researching - I switched from Verizon to Tmo when I got my Moto X and wanted the option to switch to ATT if the service did not work out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones