1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moto X custom vibrate questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by j7676, Nov 17, 2013.

1. j7676

j7676 Lurker

Hello,

New to the Moto X from 4 years using an Iphone. So far I love it.

I was curious if anyone knows how to make and assign custom vibration patterns for specific contacts and apps. For example, is it possible to have a custom pattern for Whatsapp notifications and also a custom pattern for an SMS from John?

Thanks in Advance,

Jess

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

On the Maxx go to Settings | Sound | Phone vibration pattern. I assume it si the same on the Moto X.

... Thom

3. j7676

j7676 Lurker

Thom,

Thanks for the quick response. However, I do not see that under Sounds. Is it possible that on Moto X it is different?

4. It was a long day. I re-read your question and do not have a suggestion. My previous idea was to set the vibration pattern to a different value.

... Thom

5. cheesehead007

cheesehead007 Newbie

The app "Light Flow" will handle custom vibrations/sounds on a per-app basis... not sure about contacts.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflowlite

alostpacket likes this.
  6. brettlewis

brettlewis Android Expert

Even with lightflow this issue persists when the phone is in "vibrate only" mode.

You would assume that if you turn off vibrate in an app setting and you turn on "vibrate only" mode on the phone that that app would not notify, but instead "vibrate only" mode overrides in app settings and vibrates anyways like a jerk. Makes it really hard (impossible) to set lightflow profiles for vibration only without getting duplicate and weird patterned vibrations.

alostpacket likes this.
  7. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Android Expert

Go SMS lets you set custom patterns for any incoming texts, and I imagine with Tasker you could set up a profile set to trigger for certain contacts.

Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) release date was August 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 10MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2200mAh battery.

August 2013
Release Date
Reviews