• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto X: Day One Thoughts

Hey guys,

I've started a bit of a blog, honestly I don't expect to "gain a following" on it. It's just for me to write stuff, and keep it in one spot. I suppose its more of a portfolio of my writings.

Anyway, I've written my first full post, titled Moto X: Day One Thoughts, and I wanted to share it with you guys.

To comply with rules about personal links, I've removed my link. Instead, here is the actual content of the blog post. :)

A week ago on August 23, Google and Motorola released the first true joint project the Android community has been waiting months and month for, the Moto X, or Codename Ghost, if you prefer. However, the initial launch was only on AT&T in the United States, and Rogers in Canada. Verizon users had to wait another week, until August 29th, before ordering the X, and another day for shipping before finally getting their hands on the device. As of the time of this article, there is no official release date for the X on other carriers, nor any indication of a release date for the Developer Edition.

As many have stated before, the Moto X does not have the most up-to-date, cutting edge specs, but it is still quite impressive. The device features the custom built X8 Mobile Computing System from Motorola, which couples a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro and two lower-power cores to assist in touchless control and other features without killing your battery. The Snapdragon S4 Pro itself features a 1.7GHz Dual-Core Krait CPU for the system operations, and a powerful 400 MHz Quad-Core Adreno 320 GPU to handle all of your HD video and games. In addition to the X8 System, the X features a 4.7

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones