1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Moto X or Droid Turbo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zetroc, Sep 23, 2014.

1. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast

Read a couple of this on The Verge today, one that the Moto X might show up in stores on Friday. I hope I can order a custom one on that day as well.

Also, there has been a leak that may be the Droid Turbo. From what I read, it's expected to best the Moto X in terms of screen rez, processor, and battery. Would anyone consider the Droid Turbo vs the Moto X if it does in fact turn out to be better in those specs? Why? Why not?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OhBe1

OhBe1 Well-Known Member

If it has the internals of the new Moto X but with wireless charging and the battery life of my Droid Maxx, I will give the Turbo a serious look.

3. tsanuri

tsanuri Android Enthusiast

I'm trying to make the same choices as you. And there are also the rumors that the "shamu" will also be on Verizon.
    But my biggest worry with the turbo is the new specs. They are great but that makes it very different from the X. And because of that updates probably won't be near as quick.

4. zetroc

I am partial to the pure Android experience (as pure as the Moto X can get).

OhBe1, It's supposed to have a higher rez display, an Snapdragon 805, and the name indicates a huge battery and a fast charging feature... not sure about wireless charging, but that's probably to be expected if this is an upgrade from the Maxx.

I have the original Moto X and if the new one is any as good as this one, even after a year, I think I'm going to absolutely love it.

Just wanted to see what other folks, thought.

5. 312city

312city Newbie

My Moto X is the phone of the year imo. But I've always envied VZW customers who got exclusivity to Moto DROID phones. With that said, the Turbo sounds nice. I saw the leak and the Kevlar coating made me horny. If I was with VZW I would get both. Moto X 2014 and whatever flagship DROID as a backup.

6. zetroc

312city, When I grow up (LOL), I want to be able to get several phones just cuz. For now, I'll stick to one device at a time.

PS: Can one "tag" other forum members in posts? 613 posts later and I still don't know if that's a thing...

7. 312city

312city Newbie

Haha! I feel you. But yeah you should always keep a backup around. Mines is a unlocked HTC One X however as soon as I get the new Moto X 2014, I will sale my current Moto X. And I will sale my HTC One X and replace it with a Moto G 2014 as a backup.

The reason why a backup is essential for me is because I buy all my phones outright, unlocked, with no contract at full price. So if something happens, I can't just go to a store and have it replaced. Like earlier this year I dropped my Moto X getting out of a taxi and somehow in some weird way, the volume rocker got jammed which somehow affected the power button and it wouldn't turn on. I had to send my phone back to Motorola to get it fixed. As soon as Moto received my phone, they called me at home and told me their repair department was jammed up and could take up to 4 weeks for the turnaround. So Moto offered to send me a whole new phone replacement even through Moto Maker. I guess becuz I lied and told them I didn't have any other phone to use so the process could be faster. I ended up getting a whole new design than I had originally :) And to top it off, they surprisingly sent me a extra pair of Sol Republic ear buds.

But anyway, sorry for the long post. I love Motorola! But just imagined if I didn't have a backup phone to use while I had to wait a week for the replacement.

8. PeninaD

PeninaD Member

Oh, finally got to play with the MotoX 2014 today.

Fast response. Perfect screen size for me. Elegant, and the shape feels great even in my little hand. Actually felt less dropping fear with this than with OMX. The Bamboo looked and felt quite nice, too.

But I will wait until I can put the X and Turbo side by side before I make a decision. The battery life is still a big deal to me.

312city likes this.

Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) release date was September 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2300mAh battery.

September 2014
Release Date
Reviews