• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Good looking phone though. I wish they would've shown a comparison with the Evo so I'd have a real world example at how much bigger it's actually supposed to be. I'm also not crazy about carrier branding. That is one thing Apple has done that I wish others could do. I hate big ugly logos on the front of my phone. I guess the Sprint and HTC ones don't bother me too much on my Evo, but the vzw one looks bigger on the X.

Upvote 0
Thanks you proved what I was saying, people make this phone out to be like a huge monster when it reality the only monster is the size of the screen. :)

I think it has something to do with people trying to justify their purchase of their phone they have and want to down play a newer phone. I am not saying all people do that but I think some do. I think most of the android phones out are great, and cater to specific user's needs.

yes. yes. absolutely.

Upvote 0
this confused me as well.
i think 4" is the happy medium. but then there are people like me and many other DX owners who dont want to go any smaller than what they have now.

i have a year left on my contract :( but i have a feeling by then, we are going to see bezel to bezel screens. so i have confidence there is going to be a duel or quad core, 4.5" qHD screen, that is the same size or even thinner than the DX is.

Upvote 0
i have a year left on my contract :( but i have a feeling by then, we are going to see bezel to bezel screens. so i have confidence there is going to be a duel or quad core, 4.5" qHD screen, that is the same size or even thinner than the DX is.
This is what I believe as well. The DX is perfect size and shape, I hope the DX3 has 2ghz quad core processor, 4g, 1gig of ram, 64gb micro sd card, 4.5" screen all in the same package as the original DX (with camera button). I miss my X, the screen and the feel of it in my hands are hands down better than the Thunderbot but the 4g and unlocked bootloader was the trade off.

Upvote 0
this confused me as well.
i think 4" is the happy medium. but then there are people like me and many other DX owners who dont want to go any smaller than what they have now.

Am I the only one who does NOT want a thinner phone? It gets to a point where thinner means more difficult to hold.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who does NOT want a thinner phone? It gets to a point where thinner means more difficult to hold.

Agreed. I'm very happy with the size of the DX, seems just right. Big, but easy to carry in a pocket and hold. Thin can be uncomfortable to hold, I want a little beefiness there. Lighter is fine, but I don't want to be holding something too thin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones